Prototype ritter racing Alum Block

-
not really the point... what else did they over look if they forgot something as simple as SCREW IN core plugs...

Just FYI they do have screw in freeze plugs. The one you commented on was the first prototype block cast in aluminum. As with anything that is new there is a process to make sure everything works out before alot of money is spent to produce it.

Rod

Just FYI they do have screw in freeze plugs. The one you commented on was the first prototype block cast in aluminum. As with anything that is new there is a process to make sure everything works out before alot of money is spent to produce it.

Rod
any word on a release date? or has it been?

That would be perfect , improve handling big time ,any news ? I would save up for one .

Rod
good to know

I Talked to Kent today. He is suppose to call me back next week. I will ask him about suppliers other than Hughes but he did tell me that Hughes is his best dist. I think you can get them direct from him.

I Talked to Kent today. He is suppose to call me back next week. I will ask him about suppliers other than Hughes but he did tell me that Hughes is his best dist. I think you can get them direct from him.

We dist. them as well....
Brian

I talked to Kent yesterday and they are available now. Yes they have screw in block plugs now! The prototype was the only one that did not have them. Going to run about $3800.00. You can contact him direct at 585-610-9979. real nice guy!

$3800???!!!?!?!?!!

I have to save. I have to save. I have to save. I have to save. Ramen noodles. Ramen noodles. Ramen noodles. $$$$$$$$$$$Must Save. Need...this...block.......I WANT IT!!!!!!!

Are the cylinder walls coated or are there sleeves? What rings are needed? What is the bore / main size (340 or 360 main diameter?)... in other words what is needed to use one of these blocks? How about heads with the extra stud locations?

The bores require the addition of sleeves, so bore size is up to you. As you can see from the photo's provided on the 1st page of this post there are bosses to accomidate the use of either a 10 bolt factory style head or an aftermarket 18 bolt head. Main size is custom as to what you want (2.5", 2.810", 2.25"). You can put a stock stroke 340 crank in it or a 4.250". It's all up to you. Hope this helps.

Rod

The bores require the addition of sleeves, so bore size is up to you. As you can see from the photo's provided on the 1st page of this post there are bosses to accomidate the use of either a 10 bolt factory style head or an aftermarket 18 bolt head. Main size is custom as to what you want (2.5", 2.810", 2.25"). You can put a stock stroke 340 crank in it or a 4.250". It's all up to you. Hope this helps.

Rod
So it is $3800 + the sleeves?? If so that will put it in line with a WP/Indy Mega/KB aluminum B/RB/HEMI block which is more believable when it comes down to the price.

3800 plus sleeves plus all the machine work to get it ready to build. $6000+ real quick just in a block. But if you want to go fast, who cares about price? If you dont need to go that fast, your not going to get the aluminum block anyway. It fills a void and true racers will love it and spend the money.

I know this is quite an old thread. But for those who are interested, the prototype aluminum block, is almost made into a complete engine in our engine shop now. I will probably make a full build thread on it later on here if you guys would like. A quick over view, it is a 468ci with Indy 245 CNC 360-1's topping it off. It will be in a street car. Thanks.

-Kenny

3800 plus sleeves plus all the machine work to get it ready to build. $6000+ real quick just in a block. But if you want to go fast, who cares about price? If you dont need to go that fast, your not going to get the aluminum block anyway. It fills a void and true racers will love it and spend the money.

6k+ for just the block? Hmmm....480 horse crate LS3, aluminum block/heads, pan to injectors, brand new for $6700....another 1100 or so gets you the plug & play ecu kit.....

6k+ for just the block? Hmmm....480 horse crate LS3, aluminum block/heads, pan to injectors, brand new for $6700....another 1100 or so gets you the plug & play ecu kit.....

Fair enough. I grew up on mopar stuff myself, its never been the best bang for your buck. The LS stuff is hands down the bang for the buck stuff. I'm currently in the middle of buttoning up my 80mm turbo deal on an LS in my daily driver pick up. But I'd like to see advancements in the mopar aftermarket, and mopar performance.

$6700+$1100 = $7800, and its a 480hp LS3. you want to make more power, you are going to be changing injectors, cam, springs, and the list starts to add up. Speed cost money, none of it is cheap to build a reliable fast set up. LSx stuff will continue to be the cheapest for a long time I'm sure, but if we drop everything else, we all will be racing each other with the same stuff. I've got a buddy who has beat his way through building a corolla that is twin turbo'd with a lexus 4.0L V8. he could have built it with an LSx a few times over, but then its just another LSx powered car...

-Kenny

fair enough. I grew up on mopar stuff myself, its never been the best bang for your buck. The ls stuff is hands down the bang for the buck stuff. I'm currently in the middle of buttoning up my 80mm turbo deal on an ls in my daily driver pick up. But i'd like to see advancements in the mopar aftermarket, and mopar performance. $6700+$1100 = $7800, and its a 480hp ls3. You want to make more power, you are going to be changing injectors, cam, springs, and the list starts to add up. Speed cost money, none of it is cheap to build a reliable fast set up. Lsx stuff will continue to be the cheapest for a long time i'm sure, but if we drop everything else, we all will be racing each other with the same stuff. I've got a buddy who has beat his way through building a corolla that is twin turbo'd with a lexus 4.0l v8. He could have built it with an lsx a few times over, but then its just another lsx powered car... -kenny

bingo!

I know this is quite an old thread. But for those who are interested, the prototype aluminum block, is almost made into a complete engine in our engine shop now. I will probably make a full build thread on it later on here if you guys would like. A quick over view, it is a 468ci with Indy 245 CNC 360-1's topping it off. It will be in a street car. Thanks. -Kenny
I'm interested , I would really like to buy one of these all prepped ready for heads and accessories . Any idea on price for this ?
Winter , a time to save up for summer fun .

This is a wet block. It will be going in a street car. It has been expensive getting the block to a useable state, I'm hoping we can see some revisions to the block before more are sold to the public. It isn't a finished product by any means in the state we got it in, but this is the proto type block. Thanks.

-Kenny

I know this is quite an old thread. But for those who are interested, the prototype aluminum block, is almost made into a complete engine in our engine shop now. I will probably make a full build thread on it later on here if you guys would like. A quick over view, it is a 468ci with Indy 245 CNC 360-1's topping it off. It will be in a street car. Thanks.

-Kenny

Very interested, any updates or pics?

-
Back