Prototype ritter racing Alum Block

-

Lakeeffect

Drive Fast , Take Chances
Reaction score
Snapped a Photo at the Indy show this weekend. Looks awesome

Spoke alittle with him didn't ask how much but another guy did and I over heard it will be sub 4-k. Want one.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3,790
  • IMG_0175.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,253
Nice! I hope it comes to fruit.

Sub 4K and they will sell quite a few of them when you consider the iron mopar blocks are around 3K

Attachments

• Photo1A.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 2,967
cool to use that thing in a street car. imagine how light the front end could be.. :)

Right! Not like its a Exotic A8 block. It has motor mounts and takes a standard cam. Not like the roller bearing A8. I dont know how much lighter it is than a standard iron block. I would guess 75-100 lbs. Last time i scaled my car i needed 180lbs off my front end to get 50/50 weight distribution. this would defiantly help.

I know he has an iron block. Just saying don't get your hopes up....McLeod 5 speed pops into my mind right off the top....

I got ya. Trust me i cant get my hopes up. i don't have the money.

Hughes website said $3100? Is that for aluminum?

Either way..."And, for you chatters...... this block is cast a little East of Bejing.....like in Ohio, U.S.A."

If they say it's street-friendly, I'll put it on the wish list.

Hughes website said $3100? Is that for aluminum?

Either way..."And, for you chatters...... this block is cast a little East of Bejing.....like in Ohio, U.S.A."

If they say it's street-friendly, I'll put it on the wish list.
No that was for the iron block. I posted that link to give you some details on the block design. From the look of it the Aluminum is just a copy of the Iron.

sure looks pretty i wish if there going through all that they would have built the main caps with splayed bolts. all the main bolts are in stretch and none in shear. still nice

Very purdy! If the cast iron vs aluminum rat motors weights can be used predict this beauty look for a 100-110 lb weight reduction. That works out to an 18% reduction in front end weight.

Missed this the first time around. I would be very interested in buying one.

If they already have cast iron. I would think an aluminum block would be very easy for them to build. I don't know much about casting blocks. Could they use the same mold for aluminum? May just be a matter of testing it for durability before offering to market.

Whats the benefit of an AL block besides weight? To save 180 lbs in the front for a G? I get heads, but I would think a block is right at home in Nodular iron, just like a 4sp case. GM guys are splitting AL trans cases, going back to old iron. Suppose race cars will take all the help they can get.

looks like theres enough meet in there to tap em and thread ones in...shouldnt be a problem...

-
Back