Proud Early A Owner

-

tandart66

Reaction score
Hey all, I am a teenager who is starting my car building journey! I daily a 1986 Honda, but my pride and joy is a 1966 Dart 270 2 door hardtop. It's originally a slant 6 car, but after some unforeseen issues with the motor, I have decided to take the opportunity to 360 swap it. The motor I have is a 1976 LA 360 out of a truck, as well as a V8 904 transmission. I am currently in the stage of ordering parts to both beef up the motor and put it into the car! I have been using the forum for a while now (ever since I first got the car 2 years ago) but now I have finally made an account to hopefully get some insight and assistance with this 360 swap endeavor, as well as to become more immersed into the Mopar community! I have attached some photos of the car below:

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

Cool car! As light as they are, they can be real contenders with a V8. I still like the slant 6, though.

Awesome little car, you should be rightly proud of that gem. Glad you finally got on the board here, you’re amongst friends!

Welcome to FABO. Nice 66 270 you have there. There are a lot of early A owners here as well as many 66 Dart owners. Check out the 66 Dart thread. Have fun. 66 Dart Owners thread

Nice car!

It hasn't been said yet, but take it from someone who's "been there, done that": Never sell that car! You state this is your "pride and joy", and you're going to make a ton of memories with it, but 30-40 years from now you don't want to be looking back with regrets, if you ever sell it.

Trust me on this. I don't think I'm the only one here who feels this way.

Enjoy the ride!

Nice car!

It hasn't been said yet, but take it from someone who's "been there, done that": Never sell that car! You state this is your "pride and joy", and you're going to make a ton of memories with it, but 30-40 years from now you don't want to be looking back with regrets, if you ever sell it.

Enjoy the ride!

I second this!!

Nice car!

Enjoy the ride!

I third this! We all have the-car-that-got-away stories. I wish I'd have kept my 52 Studebaker but stupidly I let it go. That's a nice looking Dart you have there.

If you haven't dived deep into your swap, you may want to start sourcing the engine mounts and center link. They are specific for the V8 cars from 63-66.

-
Back