Prove me wrong!

-

breakstuff

Reaction score
If there is a mid to late 70's gran fury or Dodge Coronet in an 80's TV show it will end up on it's roof before the end credits roll.

Let the doubters prove me wrong! LOL

Ooooooh you might have me there, I've been spending alot on time the A team on net flix.

In the Clint Eastwood Thuderbolt and Lightfoot - a Fury I think, and to the best of my recollection it ended up on its roof. Not a bad movie too.

Attachments

• thunderbolt 1.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 236
Not just those cars. ANY old car. It drives me nuts. My wife never noticed it til I pointed it out. Now she sees it too.

We were watching some movie just last week and a reporter pulled up to a whole fleet of late model police cars. The reporter was driving a 65 Mustang. I said, "That Mustang is about to be wrecked." Sure enough. A guy comes flying down the street, misses all the patrol cars, and nails the Mustang.

In the Clint Eastwood Thuderbolt and Lightfoot - a Fury I think, and to the best of my recollection it ended up on its roof. Not a bad movie too.

Rolled but landed on it's wheels. Some writer must have been on more than acid when he dreamed up that sillyness

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwsSSrKnKO4"]Thunderbolt and Lightfoot rabbit shooting sequence - YouTube[/ame]

That's like saying a typical that in an A Team episode, approximately 9,000 rounds will be expended, 4-6 Mopars (or, occasionally surplus jeeps) will flip/explode, but nobody will be injured...

And remember how every car you ever heard being started in a movie or on TV sounded like a Mopar?

every car you ever heard being started in a movie or on TV sounded like a Mopar?

or sounded like a stick, even though you could SEE the column shifted auto?

or used, re-used, and re-re-re used the silly multi--doubleclutching and 21 speed transmission used in "Bullitt?"

or screeched tires on dirt roads?

or ENDLESSLY accelerated or shifted during a high speed car chase?

or while the "bad guys" when chasing from behind, cannot hit anything or anybody with a 35 second burst from a machine gun, yet the "good guy" (Barnaby Jones) can shoot over his shoulder while driving at 90+ with is snub nosed revolver and with one shot nail some vital area of the car/ bad guy?

And NOBODY ever seems to know the pit maneuver while trading endless amounts of paint and sheet metal until JUST the crucial last "ditch" (pun intended) time?

and how they ALWAYS catch fire and explode?

and how whenEVER they hit a parked car/ object, the car immediately is launched into the air and does a roll?

The Brady Bunch!! I bet there (Many) mopars was never rolled over :cheers:
And he had some dandy :glasses7:

-
Back