Prw stainless rockers

-
I expected some work on them as it's fairly impossible to deliver or produce something with good quality (control) for the price they sell them for.
The engine will be broken in on a stand and hopefully any issues can be caught early.

Our eBay sourced PRW Aluminum PQ rocker set did not last; the shafts wore seriously under the needles in <1000 miles. Got them from 'racershotline' on eBay. They shipped from PRW's main address. I recently checked back on my Paypal account and the money went to......(drum roll).....PRW Industries LLC.

So they are selling some junk, and in my case, apparently not by employees selling leftovers out the back door. I have yet to call them on this, so can't say if they will ever make it right or not 'til I do. I can also see these being one-off problems and why some folks have success. It seems like the product consistency is very lacking.

As with BigBlockMopar, it took a fair amount of work to get the installation finished up to what we felt was a good quality level. Out of the box geometry was pretty good, but that was on Edelbrock Performer heads., with their 1.800" installed spring height as opposed to the stock 1.650"

nm9, funny you mention that because their head of sales was stealing parts out the back door, usually from the reject pile and selling them to their customers and on ebay. How long ago did you purchase? He used multiple ebay names but I didnt recognize that one. he sold us stuff from RRacingindustries , POS is named Bryce Kirk and now on the run from Orange county Sheriff and DA Office for felony fraud. We got a set of rockers that were mixed from different designs. PRW were total assholes about whole thing like it was our fault their employee riped us off. We only buy about 4 things from them and they have always been fine but never got shaft rockers. I do remember even crane shaft rockers needed hours of prep and that was before they came with a free fortune cookie.

i have a set i tried to install and the throat of the rocker hits the edge of the spring not impressed with them one bit

nm9, funny you mention that because their head of sales was stealing parts out the back door, usually from the reject pile and selling them to their customers and on ebay. How long ago did you purchase? He used multiple ebay names but I didnt recognize that one. he sold us stuff from RRacingindustries , POS is named Bryce Kirk and now on the run from Orange county Sheriff and DA Office for felony fraud. ...

A face to the name..this PRW "welcome aboard" pic was dated Sept 2015, Homie didnt last long! PRW Welcomes Director of Operations | THE SHOP

bryce_pr.jpg

I saw that pic of him when I looked up the word "douchebag" in the dictonary. Lucky for him, he is on the run because if I ever see him, I am going to beat him like a rental car.....they claim he got $25K out of them which is why they didnt want to refund anybody that got burned by him while in their employ. We got hit to the tune of $2500, PRW was kind enough to let us still do business with them after he burned us, very kind of them I must say. :realcrazy:

I saw that pic of him when I looked up the word "douchebag" in the dictonary. Lucky for him, he is on the run because if I ever see him, I am going to beat him like a rental car.....they claim he got $25K out of them which is why they didnt want to refund anybody that got burned by him while in their employ. We got hit to the tune of $2500, PRW was kind enough to let us still do business with them after he burned us, very kind of them I must say. :realcrazy:
That stinks big time.

nm9, funny you mention that because their head of sales was stealing parts out the back door, usually from the reject pile and selling them to their customers and on ebay. How long ago did you purchase? He used multiple ebay names but I didnt recognize that one. he sold us stuff from RRacingindustries , POS is named Bryce Kirk and now on the run from Orange county Sheriff and DA Office for felony fraud. We got a set of rockers that were mixed from different designs. PRW were total assholes about whole thing like it was our fault their employee riped us off. We only buy about 4 things from them and they have always been fine but never got shaft rockers.
That name seems very familiar, MM. Seems like I may have spoken with him on the phone, questioning the small sizing of the oil entry holes in the bottom of the shaft. Wow, POS indeed!
Well, racershotline still lists some part for sale on eBay. No reply to my 2 inquiries back to them. I gotta wonder if it is him, and if the Paypal account name is fraudulent too. If I get some time away from our hectic work season, I may have to call PRW directly.

I am only out $224 (it's not my life at stake) and the rockers seem serviceable so I may just get some new shafts and try them on another engine in the future.

i have a set i tried to install and the throat of the rocker hits the edge of the spring not impressed with them one bit
We had some veeery slight interference between a few of the PQ aluminum rocker bodies and Edelbrock springs if we exactly centered the roller over the valve tips. We just shimmed the rockers off to the side a bit to correct this. The rollers don't need to be dead centered on the tips anyway. No real issues there in 1k miles.

We had some veeery slight interference between a few of the PQ aluminum rocker bodies and Edelbrock springs if we exactly centered the roller over the valve tips. We just shimmed the rockers off to the side a bit to correct this. The rollers don't need to be dead centered on the tips anyway. No real issues there in 1k miles.

Yeah unfortunately mine are a little more then slight I either need to remove material off the rocker or go a different route

Got to love studs and adjustable rockers, rails were always such a pain to get just right. Magnums appeared and life got easier....:D

Just Remember gentleman
What you put in is what you get out.
Damn......

Are those big block ? My small block LA 1.6 ratio stainless use a different hold down than those blue blocks you have . My first set of PRW's went about 25000 miles on a stroked small block that make 520hp/tq before they ate the bushings , had a chat with my engine builder about it and he had me send them to him last week , I came home today to find this on my front porch . Now to be honest about it I did call PRW first myself and the response was " you must have an oiling problem, sorry " my thoughts were first "no shyte sherlock " then I thought about it after I hung up and realised I've never seen stainless that got hot or ground without turning blue or showing scorch marks which my rockers didn't they just plain wore out and left bronze and copper smears on the worn shafts . I to wonder where the OP bought his because I have also heard of junk being recycled as PRW product on Ebay .

new rockers.jpg

Oh and to the poster who mentioned B3 Racing , he is a PRW dealer and if you read his tech articles you will find he has better result with their geometry than the big name big dollar units .I will be ordering one of his geometry correction kits just as soon as my heads get back to me .

Talked to Michael at B3 about a little more info about how to check rocker geomitry. When I checked the angles per instrtuctions from Michael, it did show that the rocker shaft is way off. Ordered a correction kit at the same time. Although I'm using Comp Cams Pro Magnum rocker kit. Michael has some real good tech articles about the rocker geomitry.

Talked to Michael at B3 about a little more info about how to check rocker geomitry. When I checked the angles per instrtuctions from Michael, it did show that the rocker shaft is way off. Ordered a correction kit at the same time. Although I'm using Comp Cams Pro Magnum rocker kit. Michael has some real good tech articles about the rocker geomitry.

I agree someone should post all 4 current articles as stickies here on FABO , they are very enlightening and the amount of correction required for some of the high end rockers was a real eye opener .

Whats up with stainless rockers? Are they supposed to be stronger than ductile irons or big AL's? I almost drank the Kool-aid 5-6 years ago when these were all the rage, and pretty cheap.

And that's why Chevy goes $$$ to shaft mounted rockers...."the ultimate replacement for inadequate stud rocker assemblies on OEM and aftermarket cylinder heads..." Mopar did it right back then, stud mounts saved a buck.
Jesel Sportsman Series SS Shaft Mount Rockers - Small Block Chevy | JEGS High Performance
\

You didnt know anything about stainless rockers in post from a week ago and now you are a valve train geometry and strength expert? When you were posting link for jessel rockers, did you notice "for spring pressures up to 900#"
Do you run 900# springs on your Comp xe268 cam? The Magnum style rockers work great up to .600" lift and over 350# which is way more than 90% of small block guys. This thread was about PRW rockers and they are not a "racing" rocker, they are for street/mild strip use.

The ball/stud rocker is not better or easier. It just retarded the engine by 5 decades.
I never said better just easier. I have a friend that just won Pro Stock Class for 7th year in a row, runs 10's and uses EQ heads with studs so I guess they work pretty damn good, whats your rail mounted small block run?

\

You didnt know anything about stainless rockers in post from a week ago and now you are a valve train geometry and strength expert? When you were posting link for jessel rockers, did you notice "for spring pressures up to 900#"
Do you run 900# springs on your Comp xe268 cam? The Magnum style rockers work great up to .600" lift and over 350# which is way more than 90% of small block guys. This thread was about PRW rockers and they are not a "racing" rocker, they are for street/mild strip use.

I never said better just easier. I have a friend that just won Pro Stock Class for 7th year in a row, runs 10's and uses EQ heads with studs so I guess they work pretty damn good, whats your rail mounted small block run?

If I had to run ANY stud type rocker I'd quit. MoPar guys always want what the GM guys have. JUNK. Crowder spent thousands on the ball stud hemi, or maybe it was a 383 but I have seen both and neither was any better. Remember, this was when 140 on the seat was a bunch.

Today, no one runs that junk unless they have to.

Like I said, the "magnum" engine retarded engine building 5 decades. Junk is junk at any price.

-
Back