PRW Stainless roller rockers

-
I had heard from someone at a local track that they do not like lots of spring pressure, he put a set on a customers motor, the guy wanted to save dough and it backfired. That was all I needed to hear lol

define "lots of spring pressure" too much hearsay, vagueness, and improper use of parts steers people in the wrong direction and mis-informs them too many times.

Too bad they've gone from offering an 'affordable quality product' .....to another company who rapes their customers...

1-2 yrs ago you could buy their rockers/rocker systems for $232-$280....

Now that people have hurdled the poor quality hype...they cost about as much as comps @ $450-$499.

Well the advantage of cheapness is gone so why buy them at all? I'd stick with comp...

I've never been nuts about higher ratio rockers. Same spring pressure, but more stress on the pushrod, lifter and lobe side. Just a personal thing. Might not be anything to it.

Oh I see. More lift from a 1.6 ..Umm well easy enough for a magnum head,but not the l.a..

Anibody uses those old Isky non-roller rockers? My roller rockers are gone, and I found a used set of these Iskys for a decent price here.

I'm considering a set of Crane Golds too, but it's more expensive and it will take about a month to arrive here...

They are still out there. I sold a good set not that long ago.

Too bad they've gone from offering an 'affordable quality product' .....to another company who rapes their customers...

1-2 yrs ago you could buy their rockers/rocker systems for $232-$280....

Now that people have hurdled the poor quality hype...they cost about as much as comps @ $450-$499.

Yep. Looks like greed has taken over.

I had heard from someone at a local track that they do not like lots of spring pressure, he put a set on a customers motor, the guy wanted to save dough and it backfired. That was all I needed to hear lol

How much is "lots of spring pressure"? I used a set last year when building 35Regal's 418. Springs are 340 psi open so their not wimps. Seem to be holding up fine so far. They even had a little clearance grinding on them. Would I use them on a solid roller that needed 550 lbs. open pressure? No way!

I've heard quite a lot of misinformation at the track. So much that I let most everything I hear go in one ear and out the other unless I know the person and trust him or a trusted friend of mine tells me he knows what he's talking about. So many parts get called junk when they break but the reason they broke had very little to do with the part because there are a lot of guys out there that don't know squat but have a bunch of money slapping together engines when their barely adequate to repair a tricycle. I know one 10 sec. racer personally that I wouldn't let touch a coaster wagon.

We used the 1.5 set up on a fresh 340. Street motor, not strip, basically stock hp numbers. Dad's been an engine builder 40+ years thought they were a decent upgrade for the money. only issue we ran into was clearancing in the valve covers. Used Eddie covers and had to grind end of rocker shafts to get covers to seat. Motors got 2000 miles now no issues.

define "lots of spring pressure" too much hearsay, vagueness, and improper use of parts steers people in the wrong direction and mis-informs them too many times.

It's been about a year but I believe the motor had a 700+ lift roller, yet the guy decided to save a buck on rockers. I use Crane gold roller rockers, they're alright but I really like the Hughes rockers after getting to see them.

I have a set of the PRW Stainless 1.6's on the Twin Turbo engine in my Avatar. They seem to be a quality piece. They came super Dirty though so I soaked them in Mineral Spirits for 24+ Hours to clean them up really good. I would have bought the Hughes Rocker assembly with the Banana Shafts but they were out of the 1.6's at the time. I have had good luck running the Hughes.

My cam is a Solid Roller and has a gross lift with a 1.6 rocker of .634", Open pressure is 510lbs. Closed pressure is 320lbs. This engine goes to the Dyno on October 6th.

It's been about a year but I believe the motor had a 700+ lift roller, yet the guy decided to save a buck on rockers. I use Crane gold roller rockers, they're alright but I really like the Hughes rockers after getting to see them.

yea, that is in no way close to how these rockers were intended to be used. perfectly fine parts get a bad rap when people do stuff like this and use it beyond its reasonable expectancy.

-
Back