PST 1.03 TORSION BARS

-
Well Gentleman we worked out why it didn't fit, well a friend of mine dropped in and had one look and said your LCA needs to come forward look there's your 5mm blow and behold moved it forward ran a test run with torsion bar installed bingo ! Fitted like charm. I think I started stressing due to one side fitted up with no issues than just didn't think out side the square and check. Some times the simple things are over looked and you start chasing the worst case scenarios. A big thank you to all who helped out .

Good hear your got it straightened out. Sorry that I miss this post. I was responding to you through ebay. Let me know if you need anything in the future.

Thanks
James

Well Gentleman we worked out why it didn't fit, well a friend of mine dropped in and had one look and said your LCA needs to come forward look there's your 5mm blow and behold moved it forward ran a test run with torsion bar installed bingo ! Fitted like charm. I think I started stressing due to one side fitted up with no issues than just didn't think out side the square and check. Some times the simple things are over looked and you start chasing the worst case scenarios. A big thank you to all who helped out .

Bingo! Glad you found the culprit!

I was going to ask since you said the pivot shaft nut hadn't been tightened, if the shaft was seated against the subframe... looks like you figured it out!

I have the same bars from PST....they installed perfectly with no issues at all. Quality control not what it used to be I guess.

Ran mine today after install , very impressed on how it handles, its such a nice ride now and takes those sweeping bends with ease. Ive got more confidence going into bends knowing it tracks so well.

Ran mine today after install , very impressed on how it handles, its such a nice ride now and takes those sweeping bends with ease. Ive got more confidence going into bends knowing it tracks so well.

IMO stiffer t-bars are a necessity for these old cars to ride and handle correctly with modern tires. When I put 1" bars in my Duster I pretty much fell in love with the car all over again, I didn't have to be as careful around corners all the time and it was just so much more comfortable and sure-footed. Glad you got similar results!

I have the same situation with my right side bar. I just had enough room to force the locking ring in. The drivers side was a piece of cake. I drove it for the first time today, love the way it rides and handles now. I have yet to make the final adjustment to the ride height, but it's very close. I want everything to settle in for a while. Everything is new on my front end and I'm wondering if the new LCA pin might be a little longer on the passenger side???

Robbie2734, My 66Barracuda is getting a set of PST 1.03 for Christmas. I was reading up on them so I can get an idea how they will setup and perform. Saw your post as someone that is happy with them. Do you have a lot of adjustment? Hows the handling? My car has drop spindles and I'm a bit worried about not being able to lift her up. The tired out stockers are maxed out, that's why she's getting new.

When engineering these bars we took into account the larger diameter for the purpose of clocking and adjusted accordingly so that you would have the same amount of adjustment as you would with a stock mopar bar. I hope my explanation makes sense.

Thanks
James

I’ve done two sets of PST’s and never an issue. I did the same exact thing you did too. One side would NOT seat. Turns out I didn’t have the lower on that side tightened yet. Snugged Er up and it was good to go. The 1.03 is a nice bar and improves the car with the modern radial a ton.

I have these bars on my Duster too. They're great! The Duster handles quite well. So well I need better hugging seats because I tend to slide off. I do notice a bit more road noise though but that's probably due to stiffer bars, poly bushings, and low profile tires.

-
Back