PST strut rods vs QA1

-

RAVano

Reaction score
Is there any benefit with going with one brand vs the other? Is there a major design difference between the 2?

I have the QA1's on the Scamp with about 30,000 miles and the only issue I have had is the spherical rod end starting seizing about 10,000 miles ago and squeaks and groans.

Just ordered the PST's for the Duster, and the front clevis looks to be about 3/16" steel, formed into a "c" channel versus the QA1's which have a machined aluminum clevis, which looks like it might be stronger.

The PST's have an Allen head bolt that screws into the center tube on the control arm end,versus the QA1's which have a stud and nut arrangement.

Just from the looks of the 2 brands, it appears that the QA's might be a little better design, but I have not installed the PST's on the car yet.

The PST strut rods are steel, the QA1’s are all aluminum except for the rod ends and the threaded inserts.

I put 70k miles on the aluminum strut rods I have on my Challenger. No rod end boots, the car was daily driven year round in all weather conditions. Never had an issue with them, they’re still in good shape and that’s with the original rod ends. To be fair though they aren’t QA1’s, they were from CAP, which was bought out by QA1. The design of strut rods didn’t change though.

I have both styles, I think the stud at the LCA end is a much better way to go than using a bolt through the LCA into the strut rod. Both work, but it’s easier to adjust and tune the lengths on the QA1’s with the stud set up.

I believe the PST parts are from RMS or just like them.
Thanks Peter, Received the delrin bushings and strut bars today. These things look a lot beefier and much nicer than the stock ones.
20181208_191402.jpg

-
Back