pulleys

-

DdgeDartboi

the beast
Reaction score
ok well the site going to a new server for some reason wouldn't let me post on the engine topic threads so i gotta post it here cause i really need an answer.....

i just got a water pump pulley from someone.... its deeper but with the deeper pulley it has a bigger circumferance (spelling?)...... well i tried mounting the pulley and it now hits the crank pulley and won't go on there :wack: ..... i am on a tigh tight budget and am trying to get a crank pulley now that will work... if anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated...... i was told that the pulley off of a big block would work cause they are smaller around than the small block crank pullies..... is this true?? if so please let me know or just let me know if any of you guys can accomodate my big problems sheesh.... if its not one thing its something not related and if it is somethin related then its everything at once :angry4: lol..... thanks guys

when i tried to switch around my pullies cause my wp,ps were on the same belt, i ran into the same problem with pullies, about all i can tell you is go to a junk yard and find the same engine u have with the same options, and pull off all of the pullies, but for me i have a bunch of old mopar stuff so i found a bunch of pullies and mixed and matched. thats about all i can tell you, good luck

yeah i don't really have too many good junk yards around here that have alot of mopar stuff... but i am going to try the one mopar yard we have but i think just about all he has is /6 stuff but keep the ideas coming... it will be much appreciated

Big block water pump pullies will not interchange. The non A/C ones wont fit over the water pump casting itself, and the A/C ones IIRC are kind of strange looking and have a different offset. You need to find the right set of pulleys, and go with that. Sorry...

I have a pile of pulleys (literaly) get me the back spacing of the pulley you were trying to use or what you need if you can figure it out, and the diameter you have of the one that hits, and diameter of what you need, and I will dig and see if I can't find ya one. A picture of your engine compartment from the front would help also. Sounds like a lot to ask, but will get you a pulley CHEAP if I can find one for you and will get one more outta my garage. :)

-
Back