Pump Gas RACE motor

-

tensec340

The LEGEND
Reaction score
been doing allot of cruising lately,race gas is killing my pockets. Looks like I'll be doing a pump gas motor(540plus cubes) over the winter.
Anybody have one over 850 horse built ?

Tim

been doing allot of cruising lately,race gas is killing my pockets. Looks like I'll be doing a pump gas motor(540plus cubes) over the winter.
Anybody have one over 850 horse built ?

Tim
No, but my street car runs on purple.

What pistons are in there now?
Head chamber style?
Quench?

Ever think of a .100 gasket? Drop the ratio to a pump freindly level with that whooopper of a cam you have in there?

My street car runs on c12 and goes low low 9's all day.(on the same street tire)
But going thru $125 a night on gas is crazy, now do that 3-4 times a week and OUCH !!!
I have been wanting to try VP but it is freaking $10/gallon around here. Sunoco/CAM2 purple is $7.25.

What pistons are in there now?
Head chamber style?
Quench?

Ever think of a .100 gasket? Drop the ratio to a pump freindly level with that whooopper of a cam you have in there?

The motor was built at the lowest comp ratio possible......................
theres no pump friendly in this one........

Tim

Have you thought of converting to E-85? I'm not sure how readily available it is on Long Island,but rest assued it's comming. You would need to revamp your fuel system but it might be something to look into. It also has a 105 octain rating.
There are many pro & cons on this subject, and I'm certain that I'm going to open up the flood gates on this one but personally I'm planning on building my car to run on it.

Theres no E85 stations on the east coast. We eat are corn, Not burn it.

Not true! There are only 9 states that do not have it available 2 of which are Alaska and Hawaii. Connecticut doesnt either. But like I said it is comming.
Trust me I miss the days of 260 Sunoco and Super Shell but this stuff has potential.

No E-85 on the Island. Bummer.

Tim, Lowest possible ratio? For it to perform as built maybe. Your in a catch 22 on the engine. Perform as intended or a sacrifice in ratio.

Does anybody know if MoPar or other place make the head shim. I grabed one for my 360 some time back. The steel shim MoPar made for the small block that was .060 thick I think it was. Then add a gasket to it.

800+ on pump gas without forced induction,dunno if it'll happen,My brother has a 511 400b stroker pushing maybe 650 on 93 pump gas with 10.5 comp.I can see 700 to 750 but 800+ i dunno.

Theres no E85 stations on the east coast. We eat are corn, Not burn it.
Hilarious. Just had some great corn from my father's garden tonight. Would've been a shame to have burned it.

Become buddies with a roundy roundy round guy and run Meth...

I havent seen anybody get that kind of h.p. out of a pump gas engine around here yet,the best I have seen was 750 and that was with some serious heads and valvetrain.My buddy got his to run low 10s on 92 with a mid 500 inch roller motor (heavy car) but he needed the procharger to break 9s.

-
Back