Pup...

-
Azul is one hell of a great pup. She will wake up in her box, and cry a bit. Open the front door and open her crate and out she goes. Takes care of business, plays a bit and then comes back in. After she eats she will play for a while, then want to climb into Ernie's lap. Few minutes later she is out. Back into the crate for the remainder of her nap.

That's great! I can't believe that she's potty training so well this early... :cheers:

I'm glad that you are enjoying her and are happy with her. That's what counts. It sounds like she's fitting in and becoming part of the family already. :cheers:

It's great that you picked a breed that you love. Then you will be able to love it the most and be happy. May she have a long happy healthy life with you... :angel5:

Azul sounds like an awesome pup. Enjoy her.

Dogs are truly wonderful friends and companions.

Steve

After Azul eats she like to be up in one of our chairs with us, she ends up falling asleep. Yesterday she was really acting up and Ernie refused to pick her up. Ernie had a pair of jeans on, Azul figured out how to climb up her leg to get up to the chair...Every time she goes outside she picks up some pine cones to play with.

View attachment IMG_0388 (Medium).jpg

This ball had a handle on it, until Blue, the dog we just had to put to sleep, chewed it off. She seems to have picked up right where he left off, chewing on the nubs of the handle.

View attachment IMG_0397 (Medium).jpg

Red seems to have taken the job of puppy sitter whenever we are outside. She tries to get him to play but he is not real sure of things....

Queenie & Red are finally able to relax....

View attachment IMG_0420 (Medium).jpg

Red is still warming up to to her. Azul does her best to get him to play, which he is starting to. Ernie bought them a low to the ground kids bed. Red uses it mostly....but Azul has figured out how to climb up into it....he is not a happy camper....

Routine so far is a nap, wakes up & goes outside, eats, plays some, wants to crawl up in Ernies lap, gets real rowdy, back in the crate and passes out...Hell of a life....I am just a bit jealous...

A pup with scoliosis...how does it effect her? We are on a waiting list with a couple of folks in Grants Pass for a Bluetick Coonhound.

View attachment 1714725710

They have told us that they are not going to breed her until the right male is found. Pretty much every Coonhound breeder we have spoken with are not in it for the money, it is about bettering (is that even a word?) the breed. Several that I spoke with would not sell me a hound unless I was either going to hunt or show the pup. Redbones make great pets, they are very loyal to there owners.

View attachment 1714725709

The most noticeable thing it affects is it's turned her right front leg out and twisted her paw quite a bit but she can still walk on it, we call it her paddle cause she kinda swings it around as she goes. We told the breeders about it via phone, they said we could bring the dog back, my wife's like yeah right as we had owned her for several months. Now she can't walk too far, we either have to tape her paw up because she drags it and it's hard on her pads, so the wife got her a dog stroller, I think some people probably look at that and think we must miss having kids...too funny. If they ask about the stroller with a suspicious eye, we just smile and tell them she has scoliosis, that has got some reactions!!

The most noticeable thing it affects is it's turned her right front leg out and twisted her paw quite a bit but she can still walk on it, we call it her paddle cause she kinda swings it around as she goes. We told the breeders about it via phone, they said we could bring the dog back, my wife's like yeah right as we had owned her for several months. Now she can't walk too far, we either have to tape her paw up because she drags it and it's hard on her pads, so the wife got her a dog stroller, I think some people probably look at that and think we must miss having kids...too funny. If they ask about the stroller with a suspicious eye, we just smile and tell them she has scoliosis, that has got some reactions!!

A dog stroller....outstanding....obviously a much loved poop shooter....

A dog stroller....outstanding....obviously a much loved poop shooter....

Yes and also we have a 2 year old pug who likes to go for walks and the older pug was getting jealous, wants to go. Rather than leave her behind, she rides in that thing happy as can be. There are places we go that she doesn't need it, we live on an island so we can take her to a sand beach and she can run around no problem.

Those are some of the cutest pics I've ever seen! Almost enough to make me take the plunge and get another. Dang you Ink.... LOL

Thinking of changing her name to Monster....what a handful she can be at times. Goes from being a sweetheart to pure evil in under a second.....normally when she "turns" she is very tired, and ready for a nap. She has discovered how to bark...Right now she is in a small pen outside, while Ernie is washing her truck....And she is not a happy camper....Have some pretty good pictures of her, will post them in a little while....

Goes from being a sweetheart to pure evil in under a second......

Maybe you should name her after my ex wife.... :banghead:

You described her perfectly right there.... LOL! :sad2:

Queenie & Red are finally able to relax....

View attachment 1714727051

Red is still warming up to to her. Azul does her best to get him to play, which he is starting to. Ernie bought them a low to the ground kids bed. Red uses it mostly....but Azul has figured out how to climb up into it....he is not a happy camper....

Routine so far is a nap, wakes up & goes outside, eats, plays some, wants to crawl up in Ernies lap, gets real rowdy, back in the crate and passes out...Hell of a life....I am just a bit jealous...

Love this picture!

Ernie is in love with her. And it look like Azul feels the same way. We got home from town today. I left the door to the house open and opened her crate. Azul took off out the door, scanned the yard & seen Ernie & took off running....Ernie has taught her to sit for her food already...

Ernie is in love with her. And it look like Azul feels the same way. We got home from town today. I left the door to the house open and opened her crate. Azul took off out the door, scanned the yard & seen Ernie & took off running....Ernie has taught her to sit for her food already...

That's good progress. :cheers:

She's very smart to pick up this quickly. :thumleft:

That's good progress. :cheers:

She's very smart to pick up this quickly. :thumleft:

View attachment CIMG2139 (Medium).jpg

View attachment IMG_0681 (Medium).jpg

View attachment IMG_0684 (Medium).jpg

She is a smart little pup. If she was an inch or two taller she would be out the doggy door on her own. Whenever Queenie or Red go out the door she runs over over to it, standing in the opening. It only came down on her once and she figured out that she needs to move when it is coming down. She will remind Ernie when it is time to eat, she will stand by the bin with her food in it. When Ernie is putting some in the bowl she will sit, patiently watching. She follows Ernie to the sink, again sitting, patiently watching. When Ernie starts moving Azul runs over to the little pen she eats in, waiting for Ernie to get there with her food. Sometime in July or August Ernie will be going to AZ to see the twins....going to be interesting to see how Azul acts when Ernie is not around....

on four legs....at times......have never had a pup that when she gets tired gets damn near Demonic. For the first time she did not wake us up last night....Have to pay attention to the doggy door, when it goes up she will go running towards it to follow whoever went out.

Going to go looking for a bell of sorts to put on her collar today. She apparently wants to be outside very badly...every time the doggy door goes up she makes a run for it. Think she understands she needs to go outside to relieve herself...the few accidents she has had have all been by the doors. We took Azul out last night right before we went to bed at 11, she slept thru the night...did not wake up til 8 or so, which is her breakfast time...

Taking Azul to the vet for the first time today....hope all goes well....

-
Back