Purchased a 72 Duster from quartermilepass

-

PST

Marketing Manager
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Well this weekend I met with forum member, quartermilepass to see his 72 Duster he had for sale. Well to make a long story short I ended up with a Duster on my trailer on the way back up to North Jersey (in a snow storm). I just wanted to say thanks to quatermilepass has it was as he described exactly. So the car is now resting comfortably in my shop. I will try to keep everyone posted on the progress. For now we will just get her running for the summer. Next winter a full restoration will be done. Just keep in mind this is my own car( I am restoring it for very dear of mine as a gift) and not PST's. But it will be used for the testing of future products we would be selling. I also plan to use many of their products and do write up's for article and tech info for the PST website. If any of you have any input please let me know.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

Attachments

• duster (800x600).jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 507
Good score. I love that color of green too (I know, I'm sick). Looks like it will be a great project. What drive train are you planning to use?

Ya, more need to get restored, only so many left. This is great news for that duster!!

At this point it is up in the air which direction we will go with the drivetrain. But I am always open for suggestions ?

Looks like a nice solid start. Give a shout if you're looking for ideas or need a hand with it. There are a few of us A-body guys up here in North Jersey.

thats awesome!! most definitely use a 4 speed trans!!! and maybe a 372 stroker smallblock????

From one '72 owner to another - very cool:cheers:
C

Attachments

• DSC00636 (Medium).JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 372
At this point it is up in the air which direction we will go with the drivetrain. But I am always open for suggestions ?

How about a 392 with a 6 speed and a Dana 60 with 410s (or 373s) in it

Looking forward to this James! Thanks for the note.

goodluck i hope it works out great for what you are doing, i am just glad i got to sell it to someone who will appreciate the car and save it instead of parting it for the $$$ please keep me posted

the wire from the fire wall connect to a battery and the fuel line on passenger side of the car fill up a bucket of gas the car starts up. even on the 2 barrel

Thank you everyone for all the kinds words. All the parts for a tune up on the old girl have been order and we will be fixing the steering colum this weekend. I will post more pictures this weekend as we plan get her running, clean her out and remove the old rubber mat floor to examine the floor. Regardless this car will never be a PARTS CAR she will return to the road. We do plan to showcase many of the parts that we do supply here at PST as well. Personally I like the green but will see.

Again thank you to Quartermilepass for this opportunity. (as now I have a hard time concentrating at work!!!!! LOL):cheers:

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext

Hey Guys,

Well this weekend I met with forum member, quartermilepass to see his 72 Duster he had for sale. Well to make a long story short I ended up with a Duster on my trailer on the way back up to North Jersey (in a snow storm). I just wanted to say thanks to quatermilepass has it was as he described exactly. So the car is now resting comfortably in my shop. I will try to keep everyone posted on the progress. For now we will just get her running for the summer. Next winter a full restoration will be done. Just keep in mind this is my own car(
I am restoring it for very dear of mine as a gift
) and not PST's. But it will be used for the testing of future products we would be selling. I also plan to use many of their products and do write up's for article and tech info for the PST website. If any of you have any input please let me know.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316
i wish i was your friend . the car looks to be in very good shape

Yes he is a very good friend of mine. He had tought me my trade ( as I did restoration for 7yrs before coming to PST) and he would never take a dime . But he would always tell me about his duster and so a 6 month search ensued.

-
Back