purolator oil filters

-

gerry

Reaction score
Anyone know the part no for the short oil filter for 68 gts 340ci. Can't find any online. I have a Fram on order but i'm told the Purolator is better. The nearest parts supplier doesn't stock Mopar filters. Hope you can help. gerry

the purolator is fine as well. the frams have the cardboard bypass valves which can have internal leakage.

even shorter than the 51068 is the 51085....clears the TTI's a bit more.

thanks for that. I have found Purolator filter PL30001 but it looks like the long one & may foul the headers

the purolator is fine as well. the frams have the cardboard bypass valves which can have internal leakage.
I will not use another Fram filter again on any of my cars. I'd use a Wix or a shorty Mopar filter that I'm using because of my headers. The Fram I had failed sending bad oil back into my engine.

fram shorty for me. on a 90 degree adaptor. no header issues either.

thanks goldduster. They don't have the Wix or Napa. I'll order the purolator. Thanks all for the advice

you can get wix filters at www.filterone.com
moparts has special group buy pricing with them. they have free shipping with a minimum purchase (i think it is 50 bucks)
if you are having clearance issues with the standard oil filters, you can use the 3.9 V6 filter, it is shorter and smaller dia. then the "short" filter. it uses the same size threads and gasket surface as the v8 filters. these came stock on my 89 dakota with the 3.9, but i like to use the standard short v8 filter because of the increased capacity, and it fits fine with a small "adjustment" to the brake line. Doug

here is how you get the special pricing:
Go to:
http://www.filter1.com/
Click on ”Online Ordering and Quote System!”
Click on “Online Ordering & Quote System” (again) (or you can go here directly https://order.filter1.com/)
Click on the “Click Here” button for “If you are already a Filter1 customer”
Enter “moparts” for the Customer Number
Enter “moparts” for the Password (Both are case sensitive so use lower case for both)
Click on “Login”
Click on “To go to the Quick Order Form, CLICK HERE.”
Enter the WIX part number and quantity. (they also have a link to WIX so you can find the part numbers for your applications)

fram shorty for me. on a 90 degree adaptor. no header issues either.

Hope you don't mind buying a new engine soon.....those frams are KNOWN to fail. It's justa matter of time. Search the forums for oil filters. One member did a comparison of about 20 or so filters, even cutting them open to show the truth inside. Very interesting thread.

Hope you don't mind buying a new engine soon.....those frams are KNOWN to fail. It's justa matter of time.

So THAT'S why the old Fram commercials said, "You can pay me now or you can pay me later."

Used to sell industrial engine oil filters. Many brands have part numbers that are OEMed by someone else. The best experience I have had have been with those made by Fleetguard in Crossville, TN. They OEM for Fram, Wix, AC, and STP.

A good general rule-of-thumb to compare filters is to hold a different dry one in each hand. One of the two will generally feel heavier. That is because there is more filter material (pleats) and therefore, more filter areainside the casing. Some of the industrial filters have thicker cases, but I haven't found that to be particularly helpful on the street.

My personal preferences for filters are Wix and Hastings.

-
Back