Purple 340 cam

-

73340sport

Reaction score
I wanna to buy a P4120653 solid cam but the part number doesn’t come up at summit or Jegs. It comes up on a couple of websites but they look shady. Also what’s the difference between P4120653 and P4130653AE
Thanks for your input
Gannon

The “AE” is just an upgraded part number. The cam hasn’t changed.

I run the 292 purple hydraulic cam. It's been just fine! Never any issues. Not sure what year its made but also used to run a 280 purple cam before and also was very reliable! I've heard comp cams being junk!

I run the 292 purple hydraulic cam. It's been just fine! Never any issues. Not sure what year its made but also used to run a 280 purple cam before and also was very reliable! I've heard comp cams being junk!
Yes comp cams have went to
That’s why I want a mopar performance one, but it looks like they are discontinued.

I wanna to buy a P4120653 solid cam but the part number doesn’t come up at summit or Jegs. It comes up on a couple of websites but they look shady. Also what’s the difference between P4120653 and P4130653AE
Thanks for your input
Gannon
Go to the Oregon Cam Grinder web site and look in the mechanical cam list at grind #549. It is the same basic grind as the MP cam in question. They will grind it on whatever LSA you're looking for.

Lunati offers an updated modern version of #653 = 30201011
Mopar specs. Lunati specs.
241 duration @ .050. 243 duration
.528" lift. .548" lift.
112 Lsa. 110 Lsa

It's under their Factory Performance
Camshaft line. (Solid flat.)
This might be an even better option.

Doesn't Racer Brown carry mopar grinds similar to the mopar cams? Howard's also has some similar when I checked sometime ago.

Lunati offers an updated modern version of #653 = 30201011
Mopar specs. Lunati specs.
241 duration @ .050. 243 duration
.528" lift. .548" lift.
112 Lsa. 110 Lsa

It's under their Factory Performance
Camshaft line. (Solid flat.)
This might be an even better option.
Cool thx I’ll check that out

Doesn't Racer Brown carry mopar grinds similar to the mopar cams? Howard's also has some similar when I checked sometime ago.
Racer Brown can grind most all of them, since that's who ground them way back when.

is there a reason you want that specific cam? like, that's what you had in something back in the day and it was faster than polished steel and you're looking to ride the lightning again? or you built a motor to a specific recipe and that's the bouquet garni for the special sauce?

i'm only asking because there's tons of more modern grinds/profiles that will to the same or better

Last edited:
I just checked Mancini racing, they have 1 MP cam, a little one & 1 “Mancini racing” MP cam, the Hyd 280/480.

There are no cams listed in the “vintage” section of the new DC on line catalog.

-
Back