Purple Ice? Water Wetter?

-
never tried it, but im from langley, about 10 minutes away. Did u go to mission last weekend and see those crazy 5 second cars?

I have it in the radiator right now, I'd say it brought the max temp down about 15 degrees and the car cools down quicker.

Use RMI-25, w/distilled water.

Your cooling system & your block will thank you greatly.

If your car overheats, it's time to look to a more effective fan/rad.

As alcoholics prove, there is no "cure" in a band-aid in a bottle.

HTH -- 8)

I used Wetter Water in my truck for pulling our 33' fifth wheel trailer and it brought down the temps 15 to 20 degrees. It is a great product and several of my friends use it in their cars. Jeff

Water wetter works really good.......It was like getting a new radiator for my Demon.......no comparison......definitely worth the dough.:cheers:

we use water wetter in the Ferrari F430 Challenge cars due to we can't use actual coolant incase it leaks on the track. the stuff is great.

If your cooling system is functioning properly you WILL NOT see any temperature drop with the water wetter products. The reason is the thermostat controls the water temperature and will maintain the temperature at it's control point.

If you car has a tendancy to over heat the water wetter may help with heat transfer from the water to radiator. Also, water wetter products are less effective if they are used inconjunction with anti-freeze/coolant.

Let me be brief.....in a perfect world, your thermostat will regulate the proper temp of your coolant....but, we don't live in a perfect world.

My Demon's coolant system WAS working properly......like so many others, under normal operating conditions, all is well. But when you add 90+ degree outdoor temps with 3.55 or 3.90 gears on a 3 speed auto car, and you have to drive an hour and a half to get to a big show, even with a properly working cooling system, the temp goes UP. When the mean temperature of the coolant rises above the thermostats ability to regulate it, the outcome is quite obvious. The stat can be wide open, and still the system may not cool the car in all conditions.....especially low volume systems.

Water wetter works to lower coolant molecule friction, making the system more efficient.......after adding it, we had NO MORE higher temp problems while driving under extreme conditions. NONE.....and that's with a stock coolant system, NOT a triple core.

No change to the coolant system.......no added hardware......Just water wetter.

And no, I don't sell the stuff. But, I use it in every classic car I own. :cheers:

How about some real comparisions to show which is best.

What do you guys think of this test??

http://www.turbomagazine.com/features/0703_turp_cooling_system_additives/index.html

PASTORTOM,
Do you use any anti-freeze, or just water wetter & distilled water? If you already mentioned this, sorry. Also, what thermostat (I'm using a 160) are using? I run a 400 in my Demon, no engine fan, two 11" pullers on a 27.5" cross flow aluminum radiator. I have a 180 degree t-stat to install, I think it might work better. Comments?

Thanks,
Fred

Let me be brief.....in a perfect world, your thermostat will regulate the proper temp of your coolant....but, we don't live in a perfect world.

My Demon's coolant system WAS working properly......like so many others, under normal operating conditions, all is well. But when you add 90+ degree outdoor temps with 3.55 or 3.90 gears on a 3 speed auto car, and you have to drive an hour and a half to get to a big show, even with a properly working cooling system, the temp goes UP. When the mean temperature of the coolant rises above the thermostats ability to regulate it, the outcome is quite obvious. The stat can be wide open, and still the system may not cool the car in all conditions.....especially low volume systems.

Water wetter works to lower coolant molecule friction, making the system more efficient.......after adding it, we had NO MORE higher temp problems while driving under extreme conditions. NONE.....and that's with a stock coolant system, NOT a triple core.

And no, I don't sell the stuff. But, I use it in every classic car I own. :cheers:

I would contend that your cooling system is not working properly or is not up to the task of the modifications you have made to the engine.

I have a 10.6:1 360 making approx. 370 HP that I drive 7-10k miles a year in all kinds of temperatures. It has a stock 22" heavy duty 2 row 318 AC /340 radiator, stock fan shroud and stock thermostatic fan clutch all new parts when the engine was installed in 05. Even during the few 100 degree days we see the temperature stays constant as long as the car is moving, even during constant 80 mph blasts down the hiway. It may climb a whisker if sitting idling in traffic for 20 minutes or so on a real hot day but immediately drops back to the t-stat control point as soon as the car is moving. It doesn't require a perfect world to have a good cooling system.

As I stated before if your car has the tendency to over heat water wetter can help and if it does, its certainly a much more cost effective way to address the issue than buying hard parts. But if you don't and I would say the majority of use don't then you won't see a temp change on the gauge.

BTW, water wetter works by reducing the surface tension of the coolant. This reduces the tendency for tiny bubbles to form along the boundary between the coolant & engine and coolant & radiator. Air doesn't transfer heat as well as coolant so by eliminating the bubbles your coolant can transfer heat at a greater rate.

It's the same principle as when you put to much detergent in the washer and have suds pouring out the top then add a cap of fabric softener and the suds immediately collapse and disappear, the fabric softener reduces the surface tension created by the soap allowing the air to escape.

I contend that these are band-aids for a system that is not completely up to task.

However, they are excellent Band-Aids

While there is always the option to build a Super Efficient, Never Overheat cooling system, this premium system costs Money. While some people out there may have a hidden money tree in their back yards, MOST of the world does not, and compromises have to be made.

If the vehicle has an acceptable cooling system, and could use a little help then this 10-15-20 dollar additive might be the ticket.

BTW, my company (wholesale distributor) has sold more then 4,500 bottle of Water Wetter this year.... It would not sell like this if it didn't work.

So, I guess it works, huh? Isn't that somethin. You can contend all day long about what my car did or did not have or do. The bottom line is that no one knows the individual car better than the owner who drives it, and who built it.

Your car, my car, he said she said........doesn't matter........ The stuff WORKS, and lowers the overall operating temp under extreme conditions.

If you don't need it, congrats.......but to the majority who could use a little boost, I would highly recommend it. Great stuff.

(Just like Z-Max for your drivetrain.......lots of critics, but decades of positive results....and tens of thousands of owner testimonies......but that's another thread.......) :read2:

No where in this thread did anyone say it didn't work!

My original post was just to inform folks that aren't having a cooling issue that they won't see a lower temperature in their cooling system by adding water wetter.

100% agree, i used it in my daytona it make the temps go down a good amount, i dont have a manual guage but it did decrease :-D i would recommend it to anyone

We used water wetter in my friends 351W Lightning, and it appears to have helped the temps.

I haven't thought about using it in the Dart, but maybe I should.

Thanks for all the replies, went with Purple Ice, seems to run a bit cooler but hard to tell with the Rally dash guage as it has no numbers.
Will test with a thermometer to try and get some idea of what each line is actually showing.

-
Back