Push button trans

-
Yes. You will need a push button transmission and you will need to make a custom mount for the push button control. It is popular for people to mount them on a pedestal right on the transmission hump.

So a 727 can't b made to work

Says who? You still will need a cable shift cable 727 transmission. You cannot convert a non cable shift to a cable shift using the early pushbutton shifter. The transmissions are completely different.

actually you can convert it. I did it. Im using a 64 Barracuda dash in my 65 and using a 71 904....

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=296917

Scotty --please enlighten how your set-up works-- you have another post asking for assistance on your set-up mentioned above. ( do you have 2 set-ups ?)

a push button tranny will work with other years as long as you take all the push button components with it & make necessary known fixes..

Mixing & matching years/components is going to cause headaches & re-engineering-- some of you guys have that ability-- if you do please enlighten the group.
on another note I tossed 2 push button small block tranny's -- no one wanted them or pay shipping --I tried to give them away for shipping only--- both were complete minus cables & very clean.

Lawrence

I hav column shift in my dart
Not real easy to shift and not hit gear to early
It don't happen all the time but it happens
I hav a trans that was just built by Martin saine
And was thinkin about converting it to a push button if possible

Dallas --your not going to find an easy solution to your problem.

If I read correctly-- you have a great rebuilt transmission with a column shift---
you manually shift it & miss shifts causing issues.

your best bet is to purchase an aftermarket floor shift & make a nice console

you will need to research which ones have lock out to prevent you from shifting into neutral by mistake.

good luck in your search ,Lawrence

I wonder if possible to get a floor shift to work with a bench seat
A

Sure. Seen it many times. All you have to do is mount it ahead of the seat. Aftermarket shifters are generally cable controlled so there's no linkage to take up space. In addition, many aftermarket shifters come with a mini console so it's as simple as drilling 4 holes to bolt it down to the floor and one more hole to run the cable through

Dallas that shifter is for the push button style/cable transmissions--- you can modify that console to fit an after market style shifter in it--- no pre 66 shifter will work with your non-push button stuff- you need to fit either a mopar console shifter & linkages or craft an aftermarket to fit in the console of your choice, Lawrence

Attachments

• aaa.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 117
-
Back