Put the Super Stock Springs in...

-
Reaction score
And got the purple hornies mounted. The car actually sits like it has some rear suspension now, and it sounds alot quieter considering they are just header mufflers (bolted straight to the collector).

Here's pics, first one is of the new stuff I got today (3" studs for front, race lug nuts to mount Pro Stars, fuel line from fuel pump to carb):

superstock%20001.jpg

superstock%20003.jpg

superstock%20004.jpg

superstock%20005.jpg

What knurl size are those studs? I just bought a set of them and the .480 knurls were way to small for my 10" drums. they should be .555-.557 They were also to big (by a hair) for the rear.

What size is that fuel line ?

How did you get the Hornies bolted up to the collectors? I had them a few years back, but I had to make up some bent pipe to get them go to the collectors, there wasn't enough room for them to go straight under the car.

Got pics of the exhaust?

mikelbeck said:
How did you get the Hornies bolted up to the collectors? I had them a few years back, but I had to make up some bent pipe to get them go to the collectors, there wasn't enough room for them to go straight under the car.

Got pics of the exhaust?
I don't like how they sit, as they do sit right at the crossmember, but I'll get pics in the morning.

I have disc brakes in front, but the Knurl on them is .615", Moroso states that they are the ones to fit the front of a Mopar with disc brakes.

The fuel line is -6AN so that it will screw right onto the carburetor feed line, I just need to get the 90 degree bend with the 1/4 pipe on one side and -6AN on the other to put it on there.

The motor combo is a Purple shaft cam, LD340 Intake, 650 CFM Speed Demon, dynomax coated headers, soon to get new valve springs to match the cam (not sure on condition of old ones) and roller rockers.

After this race season, the X heads on it will get ported fully, and a new cam will be shoved in there, along with the accompanying springs and lifters, followed up with a 3800 stall converter

mikelbeck said:

Got pics of the exhaust?
Here are some pics of the hornies mounted up...best I could do.

purplehornies%20003.jpg

purplehornies%20004.jpg

purplehornies%20005.jpg

purplehornies%20006.jpg

What kind of headers do you have?

I have nowhere near that much room...

that last video brought tears to my eyes every time i played it when the zombie wasnt running,lol
MIKE

I might have to borrow a car to put my engine in just so I can hear it run. Sucks to have the engine here in Vegas and my cars in Hawaii. I wonder if the 340 will fit in the Mercedes...........

-
Back