putting control arms on my 67' Dart from a 74' model?

-

migsBIG

Reaction score
Hi guys, hope somebody here can answer this for me. I have a 1967 Dart, but the 9inch wonder drums aren't much magic at stopping speeds. I have disc off a 74' dart and want to put a swaybar on. I do have do have a lower controlarms with swaybar tabs on it from the 1974. Can I use the lower 74 arm and use a 1968-72 aftermarket swaybar with those?

Another thing, the manual master cylinder in going out and I want to replace it with a good disc brake master cylinder. Know of a good company that makes a good replacement part and can/should I put the prop valve on there from said 74?

hey miguel ; i got a power booster off one of my`67 projects` that is an extra. may or may not need rebuilt. it`s yours for the asking . pay freight or pick up in turlock or modesto. ---indian john----
p/s got a part #for your cylinder ? vapex here i turlock probably has one in stock , can also handle the booster

the factory tabs on 73-up a bodies is inside of the strut rods, whereas the 72-earlier are outside. if you want to run those lca's, you will need to run the k frame as well since the sway bar on 73-up goes thru and 72-earlier does not.

just use a power disc master from a 73-75 duster. i think its bore size is 15/16". good for manual disc brakes.

the factory tabs on 73-up a bodies is inside of the strut rods, whereas the 72-earlier are outside. if you want to run those lca's, you will need to run the k frame as well since the sway bar on 73-up goes thru and 72-earlier does not.

just use a power disc master from a 73-75 duster. i think its bore size is 15/16". good for manual disc brakes.

What he said...

If you want to run the later sway bar, you have to swap to a spool K frame, IIRC.

The tabs are mounted different and the bar attaches from below on the 73 style and above on the 72 down arms. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the info guys. hey John, good to see your still around. Do you ever talk to the holts? Give me a call sometime. 408-623-3290.
---miguel

My '72 Sacmp has the swap bar running thru the k-frame. The sway bar tabs are inside the strut rod so it may be the later style sway bar but never the less it does run thru the k-frame. I looked at my '72 Duster also and although it doesn't have a sway bar it does have the notch out area so the sway bar can run thru the k-frame also. So it seems like some of the biscuit style k-frames have the provisions for running the later style sway bar.

Chuck

-
Back