QA1 Front suspension

-

basher13

Reaction score
I've been helping another forum member (motormouth) with the rehab on his 67. Parts showed up Wednesday, install done Friday after work.

Attachments

• photo (47).JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,283
  • photo (48).JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,733
  • photo (52).JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,292
Not having the motor in place made this real easy. Bolted in better than OEM in about 4hrs. I'd imagine you could cut that time in half...we had some other activities going on at the same time.:headbang:

Attachments

• photo (50).JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,537
  • photo (51).JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 2,073
  • photo (52).JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,206
Sorry bout the double picture, advertising I guess!

The quality, fit and finish of this stuff is top notch. Need to call QA1 and see what they have in mind for the sway bar, you can see the mounting ears. Shock length may be an issue also, we'll see.

Attachments

• photo (55).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,288
  • photo (54).JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,204
  • photo (53).JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,883
are you still running stock torsion bars or does this kit run an aftermarket torsion bar. Do you have to run the QA1 front shock or can you run a different brand. Looks good.

His set up is running Hotchkis or FirmFeel bars. Everything other than sway bar is stock style, any shock any bars. We were discussing how rad this would be with coil overs!

His set up is running Hotchkis or FirmFeel bars. Everything other than sway bar is stock style, any shock any bars. We were discussing how rad this would be with coil overs!

Coilovers would do away with the torsion bars right. Then you are making it like a GM suspension. What size engine are you guys going to put in it. Late Hemi or early engine small or big block.

Is this going in an A body or a B body. Looking at your back ground it looks like a Body. Does the change the steering over too a rack and pinion or is there an area for the stock steering box.

Not sure how much Motormouth wants to get into what's being done....I can say that it won't be getting the old 273 put back in. This is going in his 67 Barracuda, I'm sure he'll post up here soon enough.

This set up uses all stock components, no rack. I think what QA1 is doing is making it so you can purchase one part at a time or everything together.

Well if it went in real nice then They improved what cap put out. And I'm sure the welds are light years better then Caps.

Still don't why someone would spend that much only to use stock suspension. Can't save that much weight. But hey different strokes man. :)

Ok fellas now that this thread is up and running, thanks Basher!
I recently got the chance to work with Qa1 as a test bed for their new products for A body Mopars. So far I am very pleased with the quality and how well things have went together. I still have a few more things to do to get before we can set it on the ground. I will try to keep updating as work continues.

Like Joe said, different strokes.
We talked about weighing the parts but never did. I know laying on my back holding the new one in place was a lot easier than the original. I'll see if motormouth can ask QA1 about the weight savings over stock when he calls em.

Besides weighing less and looking good it's another option from the aftermarket companies. QA1 is releasing this and starting to pay more attention to the Mopar community, can't be a bad thing!

We'll see if it performs as good as it looks, Motormouth isn't exactly easy on things:burnout:

Attachments

• photo (60).JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 1,140
  • photo (61).JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 1,116
PoisonDart, not sure on the biscuit mounts, may be easier to adapt different motors.
This K member uses the stock steering box. Looking it over and the way it's built, it would seem to be a lot easier to mount a rack or even a spline d sway bar.

QA1 has asked for honest feedback and thoughts on the entire set up. As it sits now it's a killer piece. We have some questions about it but none have to do with quality or fit and finish.

Couple things we'll look into and post back;
weight
sway bar
ground clearance gained
how much stiffer is it than OEM
Anything else??

:headbang:

would a small block and big block utilize the same motor mounts or is it only specific to a small block or big block application. I would think the frame mount part of it would be located different for the two engines sizes.

Does QA1 make this for a early A-Body 64, 65, 66 using the torsion bars. If so, what would the price be?

does not look like there are any for the early A bodies

-
Back