QA1 level 2 suspension kit: 67 Cuda.

-

Brandt Fonda

Reaction score
So my old K member is worn out as are my UCA's and LCA's so I shelled out some Benjiman's and pulled the trigger on a QA1 level 2 suspension kit with front and rear shocks, on my 67 Cuda. I still need to have a professional alignment but just getting it "close" myself yielded some awesome results. Adjusted the shocks as was recommended for handling and it is on another level! Super easy install overall and fit was spot on. Next week I am planning on alignment and then a trip to the Dragons Tail at Deals Gap!
Qa1 Barracuda .jpg

So my old K member is worn out as are my UCA's and LCA's so I shelled out some Benjiman's and pulled the trigger on a QA1 level 2 suspension kit with front and rear shocks, on my 67 Cuda. I still need to have a professional alignment but just getting it "close" myself yielded some awesome results. Adjusted the shocks as was recommended for handling and it is on another level! Super easy install overall and fit was spot on. Next week I am planning on alignment and then a trip to the Dragons Tail at Deals Gap! View attachment 1715901784
Looks good. Air struts?

It's a nice set up for sure. I just wish they hadn't bolted the sway bar to the very bottom of the K frame, a little extra thought into the design and it could have been tucked up nicely. Heck the 73+ K's did it. But really the K frame doesn't do much for you compared to a stock K if you do the seam welding and reinforce the steering box mount and LCA pivot tubes. The QA1 K is only like 8 lbs lighter than a stock K. But it is a nice thing to have available, there are definitely plenty of bend up stock K's out there.

The 67 A-body k-members have a lousy stud mounted idler. Expensive to replace and less stable than the through bolt 68-up style.

So at least you got rid of that. And you probably needed large UCA’s and LCA’s with sway bar tabs.

K-members, LCA, and UCA aren’t typically considered wear items. But they can get messed up from poor repairs and neglected maintenance repairs ruining the hard parts connected to them.

Inspect your parts.

-
Back