QA1 rear shocks installation

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
first of all they gave me only 3 correct bushing sleeves in package .....but real problem is bottom fastening of shock ....after installing the 1st shock washer and then the shock and 2nd washer ... it still not close enough to threads to compress bushing ???? has anybody ran into this issue ....seems like i need to shim shock further away from spring plate ...which is another issue , have you ever tried locating these lower shock washers ( larger hole )... ANY info is greatly appreciated ... any pictures of your installation may help ..

I didn't have any problems installing mine. I'll see if I have any pictures but lm in camp right now. I'm using caltacs and there split mono leaf.

If you don't figure it out over the weekend, take some pics and contact their customer service/tech dept first thing Monday morning. GL.

Found similar on my installation. Just added some shims under the outside washer till the bushing down was clamped nicely.
Did find the original shock washers where large enough to contact the lower part of the shock lightly. But a little trimming of the washers took care of that.

, have you ever tried locating these lower shock washers ( larger hole )...

No, but that's why drill bits exists. :)
But you can also use the washers that are supplied with axle-bolt kit.

IMG_3961CROP_zpsvbyvvf0u.jpg

Just a note ... if anybody needs them.. on ebay ... a parts dist called VANS... has ALL lower washers for 15 dollars........unlike some distributors that have just one single washer for $ 10.......not going to mention names ... but do your research ...

Just curious if you did end up needing extra washers for the rear to keep from bottoming out on the threads, and did you have to trim the washer to get clearance on the shock body? Thanks

with the QA1 shocks, the bushing width is 1/4" narrower than the ones that came off the car, also the bushings are bigger in diamater which make the washers I have too big! Wonder if Qa1 has solution for thicker and smaller outside diameter concave washers?....or a source

shockbushing.jpg

with the QA1 shocks, the bushing width is 1/4" narrower than the ones that came off the car, also the bushings are bigger in diamater which make the washers I have too big! Wonder if Qa1 has solution for thicker and smaller outside diameter concave washers?....or a source

View attachment 1715657229

Making a concave washer aint rocket science , if I can do it u can do it .

-
Back