Rear suspension recommendations.....

-
dude i'm from south jersey so i'm sure we are on many of the same roads. frequently on the roads through the pines..the roads through the pines are preety decent for the most part.. just had it in chattsworth the other day at hot digity dog with the family.. :) out dart is always loaded up.. should see it when we go to carlisle.. can't fit another thing in the trunk. yes it will sag when totaly loaded which i'd rather have then way too high unloaded.

you asked for an opinion i gave you mine. in the end its up to you on how you choose to use it.. its your car so do it however you want...

Good call.

For me, it was more for functionality. I know what I do with my car, how it gets loaded up, I know the roads I've been driving for the last 30 years and know what weird pavement/parking lot speed humps, bumps, and general quirks i encounter that had me wishing for more general clearance when i have a trunk full of bagged cement or a car full of kids driving a dirt road through the pine barrens to avoid traffic heading to the beach. Did I achieve that, yes. Was it the wrong way, maybe... but I'm receptive to understanding the right way if that 1.29 degree rise/run incline is significantly impacting my handling on a day to day basis. I got my car to do what i wanted it to do... I'm always down to learn the how and why to do it better.

you are so close if you ever want to go for a ride to see how our dart rides and drives we can meet up somewhere one day.

@Velocity111 because this stuff can get so subjective... and like I said earlier I'm pretty darn green and shouldn't be giving any advice... and I get dizzy enough when i'm trying to find answers to things. I decided to go out to the driveway and take a picture so you can at least have a comparison of stock leaf to the 2.5" lift 6 leaf . Yellow car is original stock leaf springs (which is probably a bit saggy at this point) Red car has the leaf springs that are built to have the 2.5 lift... whatever... there it is. I'm sure whatever you go with you'll be happy!
IMG_20200605_141524.jpg

@abodyjoe that would awesome man let's keep in touch.

@Velocity111 because this stuff can get so subjective... and like I said earlier I'm pretty darn green and shouldn't be giving any advice... and I get dizzy enough when i'm trying to find answers to things. I decided to go out to the driveway and take a picture so you can at least have a comparison of stock leaf to the 2.5" lift 6 leaf . Yellow car is original stock leaf springs (which is probably a bit saggy at this point) Red car has the leaf springs that are built to have the 2.5 lift... whatever... there it is. I'm sure whatever you go with you'll be happy!
View attachment 1715540984

@abodyjoe that would awesome man let's keep in touch.

FF - thank you for taking the time for these pics, very helpful! I like how the +2.5 sits, but wondering if I should split the diff and do the +1? - or +2.5 and sway bar for improved ride?

@Velocity111 Yeah man sounds like a plan. Don't overthink it and go with what you're comfortable with. From the sound of what you have in mind for your build they probably sit on the lower end of the cost scale. So that and a couple hours in the driveway give it a go! If you don't like them swap them out for something that fits your feel. I'm sure you could sell them and recoup some cost. Keep us updated!

While you have it apart, don't forget to add Dr Diff 1/2" spring inboard relocation package for maximum rear tire without mini-tubbing. Also, rebuild the 40 year old rear brakes and replace the rubber brake hose.

New RUBBER bushed leaf springs (pick your height, A-BodyJoes look great for a driver / stock height), 3/4" solid rear anti-sway assembly, Qa1 adjustable shocks and you are good without busting the bank. No cutting or welding on the car, just the relocating the spring perches on the differential housing. You will likely have the rear out of the car to paint / powder-coat it during the upgrades regardless.

Remember to factor tire size / diameter when deciding on how much spring arch you want.

FYI....I have a almost new set of ESPO +1" in storage.....took them off the gold Duster and replaced with stock height. They are available.

FYI 2.0....currently fabricating / laser cutting bracket for small block P/S compact pump form the Butch Leal street Flash. Be a good add for your front power rack and pinion.
Sandin A/C and compact P/S pump brackets

Last edited:
Whats up buddy! Let's talk tomorrow when you have time, as what you've outlined is close to what i'm thinking, and if you have some parts already then we can help each other out. Dr. Diff relocators, new leafs, QA1 shocks, and rear anti-sways sound like the ticket for a new system that will handle well and not break the bank. Lets also talk abotu your PS brack and set up, woudl like to better understand what pump I'll need, etc.

-
Back