QA1 style stock replacement k member

-

junior636

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a nicer round tubular version of the QA1 stock replacement k member? I have built and fixtured one up. I don't have time to do this and have them in stock to ship. My thoughts are doing a few at a time and offering them up at a similar price point as the QA1. Everything would bolt right up other than stock strut rods. This would use an aftermarket strut rod like the QA1 strut rods. I have not completed the motor mounts yet but this would use the spool mounts so that guys could use the Schumacher mounts and put about any Mopar motor they want in the car. I have posted this on Facebook and seen a huge response. This would be 10 lbs lighter than stock. Just wondering what you guys here think about it?

20160315_182705.jpg

20160315_182722.jpg

20160315_185159.jpg

20160315_185300.jpg

20160313_165645.jpg

20160313_165723.jpg

20160313_165917.jpg

That's an awesome piece of fabrication there if i must say so myself..........
How much would they run price wise?
How about oil pan clearance?

Probably be about $550- $600, the motor in the pictures is set really low, oil pan clearance wouldn't be an issue with any pan.

I do not have time to build them on a full time basis, I would probably just build 5 up and sell them then make another batch whenever I have time.

With a QA1 strut rod you would just remove the aluminum puck on the end and use the Heim joint that is already there.

20160516_200907.jpg

20160508_155446.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful work.

Just my opinion here but i think if you offer them a bit cheaper then the QA1 Units you will have more Buisness come your way.

Beautiful work.

Just my opinion here but i think if you offer them a bit cheaper then the QA1 Units you will have more Buisness come your way.
They are priced cheaper, summit offers the qa1 at $700. I think I have them priced fairly. I have a day job, I do this stuff on the side to earn some extra money, I'm not going to short change myself just to take time away from my family.

how about one w/o motor mounts at all? will others a arms fit it? will a full length dragster pan clear it? nice looking I might add!
I have built them with and without motor mounts. This works with stock arms or aftermarket, my coil over kits bolt up just like the stock arms. If your arms retain the stock pivot pin dimensions it works. I'm not sure about the dragster pan, if you sent me some pics I could look into it.

Man your killing me. I just got the complete front end stuff from QA-1 and yours is so much closer to what I wanted. I wanted one uncoated and without motor mounts (I run a motor plate) but they wont sell them that way. If I can return just the K, I'm top of the list for one. No motor mount provisions, shipping to 98606. PM me a price and lets see if I can pull this off. Thanks

Man your killing me. I just got the complete front end stuff from QA-1 and yours is so much closer to what I wanted. I wanted one uncoated and without motor mounts (I run a motor plate) but they wont sell them that way. If I can return just the K, I'm top of the list for one. No motor mount provisions, shipping to 98606. PM me a price and lets see if I can pull this off. Thanks
----interested---

still waiting !~

still waiting !~

I didn't realize that meant you wanted me to send you a pm.

The price is $600 without motor mounts or $650 with spool mounts.

While I realize this is more than the QA1 I believe this to be a better alternative to the QA1. These are all round tubing and TIG welded. If I made something that were square tubing and round tubing mix with out complex joints and MIG welded, I could probably compete with the QA1. The whole reason I made this was because in my opinion the QA1 is not something I would want to put in my car. Round tube is stronger than square and looks much nicer.

Last edited:
-
Back