QA1 Upper Control Arms

-
72bluNblu said in his reply on 02-20-2012, 07:39 PM that he had QA1 lower control arms on his Challenger and he was pleased. It's been over 3 years since then.

Yup. Long enough for one of the welds to crack and the CAP LCA's to go in the recycle bin. :violent1:

But let me be clear, those were CAP LCA's, not QA1.

QA1 completely changed the design of the upper control arms, so, they really have no tie in to the old CAP stuff. The QA1 lower control arms are basically the exact same design as the old CAP lower's, however, the welding is far superior.

I do have a pair of the new QA1 LCA's for my Duster, on which I made a few choice reinforcements after seeing where I had issues with my old CAP LCA's. But, I have yet to install them. I would also say that I don't think any reinforcement of the new QA1 LCA's is absolutely necessary, I just did it because of my experience with the CAP LCA's and because it was easy for me to add the additional gussets. But again, the failure of the CAP LCA's on my Challenger was due to weld quality, not design.

Interesting. I want to stay with my small BJ knuckles so I can keep my KH four psiton dics, don't have the $$ for wilwood stuff yet!

I had UB Machine make me 2 pair, 1 for K/H disc and 1 for 10"drums
and 1 pair of large joint for the 72/disc

http://ubmachine.com/

They mostly build suspension parts for round track/ stock cars

Greg has the fixtures for both size joints

007_zpshw1704co.jpg

006_zps18padafr.jpg

-
Back