Quarter Mile time estimates

-

MOPARJ

What can I upgrade now?
Reaction score
What do you guys think for a 1/4 mile ET for this combo in a 73 Duster, with no spare tire in trunk and a fiberglass six pack hood on the front, no a/c:

-40K mile 318 since rebuild, .030 over
-TRW 8.5:1 cast pistons, moly rings
-Edelbrock Performer intake
-625 CFM street demon carb
-stock heads, 3 angle valve job
-1 5/8" Hooker headers
-Comp XE268 cam
-FBO curved distributor, 36 degrees total at 3200 RPM
-2500 stall torque converter
-904 with TF-2 kit
-8 1/4 rear with 3.91 sure grip
-255/60/15 rear tires
-super stock replacement springs

14.8 - 15.4?
I have the same car and the best bang for my buck was getting some used Mickey Thompson et Street cheater slicks off of craigslist and that dropped my time a half second.
those guesstimation times are based on zero elevation. I'm sure people will chime in soon there are going to be other factors as far as temperature, track prep, and again elevation but there's always a bunch of combinations that add up to a good time. But then again anytime you're at the drag strip its a good time!.

14.8 - 15.4?
I have the same car and the best bang for my buck was getting some used Mickey Thompson et Street cheater slicks off of craigslist and that dropped my time a half second.

X2 yeah if your setup is running at peak performance you should be able to turn mid to low 15's at about 90mph depending on your altitude and air/humidity/heat conditions at track

Don't know how much of a weight difference there is but a friend of mine is running basically the same combination as you in his '70 dart he's gone 13.75:D:D

13.85 at 99 mph is my guess. I've gone 14.40's at 96 mph with a 318 in a '76 Dart with 340 cam, cast intake and TQ, stock converter and 3.21's. I had 360 heads though...

P.S. I ran mine at 40 degrees total ignition timing. Bring a 1/2 inch wrench to the strip, sometimes bumping the timing up or down can results in a few tenths.... :D

that combo should be 13.8-14.0 at about 96mph. i had a 68 318 with stock heads. factory valve job. ran the mopar 340 cam. eddy performer and eddy 600 cfm carb. stock manifolds and 2.5 duel exhaust. my car had 3.55 gear with 25" tire and 3500 stall. 60 ft was 1.7 and 13.79 best et. i did have the steel shim head gasket and .020 off the heads.

I'm shocked at these #'s guy's..That would be one quick Duster with a 40k 318 with low compression.I'd like to watch that run! I guess the advantage is no wheel spin? Please keep us informed when you run it..

I'm shocked at these #'s guy's..That would be one quick Duster with a 40k 318 with low compression.I'd like to watch that run! I guess the advantage is no wheel spin? Please keep us informed when you run it..

The motor is actually only 4 years old since I rebuilt it. Lots of highway miles, 1500 mile oil changes. Doesn't use any oil, good cylinder pressure on all cylinders, and doesn't use a drop of oil. It is pretty peppy now with the new gears.

I always wonder how guys can only run in the 15s with the 318. my little teen was a bone stock bottom end with steel shim head gaskets and .020 shaved off the heads cause they were warped. stock eddy performer and 600 eddy carb. even ran the 318 exhaust manifolds. gears, stall and traction should have any abody sub 15 sec et. i beat the piss outta mine and it was my daily driver.

I always wonder how guys can only run in the 15s with the 318. my little teen was a bone stock bottom end with steel shim head gaskets and .020 shaved off the heads cause they were warped. stock eddy performer and 600 eddy carb. even ran the 318 exhaust manifolds. gears, stall and traction should have any abody sub 15 sec et. i beat the piss outta mine and it was my daily driver.

* Please don't get me wrong but...I have a 318/390 stroker in my 68 Cuda and I would be happy to run in the high 12's which is only 1 second faster than some members are thinking yours will run..Maybe I'm doing something wrong..lol..Oh well it's all fun regardless..

* Please don't get me wrong but...I have a 318/390 stroker in my 68 Cuda and I would be happy to run in the high 12's which is only 1 second faster than some members are thinking yours will run..Maybe I'm doing something wrong..lol..Oh well it's all fun regardless..

Yes, I bet you have something wrong. Please don't assume one's disappointments are complete limitations on another's project. I know if I would have had 3.91's, and a 2500 stall instead of my 3.21's and 1800 factory stall/727, my 14.40's would have pushed well into the 13's.

-
Back