Quarter window roller replacement questions

-

LivewireBlanco

Reaction score
So my rear quarter windows in my 71' Dart Swinger won't go down without a lot of effort and while trying to make them go down I can hear the rollers crumbling. What's the best/easiest way to replace the rollers?

So my rear quarter windows in my 71' Dart Swinger won't go down without a lot of effort and while trying to make them go down I can hear the rollers crumbling. What's the best/easiest way to replace the rollers?

Oh those are sooo much fun I can hardly describe it.:D
I pulled the entire assembly out of both sides and used nylon spacers from Ace to build new rollers.
A 4 inch grinder with a cutoff wheel and a mototool do the shaping by putting the nylon piece on a bolt with a nut to hold it while doing your shaping.
Now both windows work perfect.
I realize doing it this way is not for everyone, but a half a day and 12 bucks did the job.
It's been 5 years now without a problem one, and I roll them up and down a couple of times a week in the summer.
Z-KNIwfo9oy.JPG

You may want to take a look for OE rollers.
Maybe something like this kit: Mopar 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 A-Body Quarter Window Hardware Kit Roller Clips | eBay

Interesting design those regulators, and it may be a good idea to take pictures.
One thing you don't want to do is mix up the parts side to side.:D

Do the regulators have to come out to change the rollers or is there a way to get some slack to change the rollers out one at a time?

Do the regulators have to come out to change the rollers or is there a way to get some slack to change the rollers out one at a time?

On my 69 there wasn't much room to work. Mark all the adjustment locations with a sharpie and take it out. This gives you a chance to go through it all and make sure everything is legit. Do one side at a time so you can reference the other side.

No way to get to some of them at all unless the entire regulator assy is removed.
There are parts way back in there.

-
Back