question about cuda quik fill gas cap

-

moparmat2000

Reaction score
I have a question about the flip open quik fill gas cap for my 67 cuda. Did this gas cap bolt directly to the fender, or was there a stainless or pot metal chrome trim under the cap like the 68 thru 70 dodge chargers had.

When i bought the car, the gas tank strap, and filler tube were lying in the trunk. No tank, or quik fill cap. No biggie as i will just buy a repop with new chrome, but did these come with a trim under them, or was it just the painted concave steel of the rear fender, and the cap on top, and that was it ?

If it came with a trim moulding, anybody have pix of it to share with me so i know what to look for.

Thanks in advance
Matt

No trim ring was used on the 67 to 69 Barracudas. Cap bolts directly to the car. 1967 and 1968 has a swirl center and 69 says fuel in the center.

I have a question about the flip open quik fill gas cap for my 67 cuda. Did this gas cap bolt directly to the fender, or was there a stainless or pot metal chrome trim under the cap like the 68 thru 70 dodge chargers had.

It is the same cap as a '68 Charger but without the "fuel cap ring". '69 Barracuda, '69-'70 Charger, and the Challenger have the same cap except it says "Fuel" on it.

Original samples;

Attachments

• matt.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 270
Thanks guys. I ordered my repop fuel cap last night. Since im making a hot rod out of a plain no options 67 slant six body i look at it as an unpainted canvas, so i am going with what i think looks cool, i went with the 69 style flip cap. I like the black insert with the word fuel in it better than the smooth cap.

Email me at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- I just had to move it out of my way again today.

Please send a pm with your email address in it. Posting email addresses is a Gold Member only perk.

My PMs are full (for the record) because with email all my messages to to one place. I do not want or need messages splattered all over the internet. :)

If I get a PM here, guess what? I get an email about it. A message about a message is pointless & a waste of my time when an email is what I wanted in the first place.

As far as I am concerned, if any person that wants to post their own email address it is done so via free speech & protected under the Constitution of these United States.

Last edited by Oklacarcollecto; 02-23-2014 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Remove email addy on something that is for sale.

You assumed it was for sale.

He asked if anyone had one for sale.

That does not mean the one I have is for sale.

If he needs it, he can have it, but it would be nice if he paid for the postage. ;-)

Another email about a PM? It says "do not reply".

No worries, I won't.

Attachments

• do not reply.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 168
You assumed it was for sale.

He asked if anyone had one for sale.

That does not mean the one I have is for sale.

If he needs it, he can have it, but it would be nice if he paid for the postage. ;-)

It would have helped if you had posted that information on the thread to start with when you offered it. You could also addressed it in the pm that I sent you. Unluckily God didn't give me the ability to read minds so I have to go with what is posted on the forum.

There is a rubber gasket that goes between the cap and the fender.

There is a rubber gasket that goes between the cap and the fender.

On '67-'69 Barracuda the filler neck attaches from the trunk side and there is a foam gasket that goes between the filler neck and the body. I am not aware of any gasket that goes between the flip top cap and the body. I have never seen one there.

Just sold one of a 71 cuda to a member here.
It had a Chrysler part number on the rubber gasket.

Just sold one of a 71 cuda to a member here.
It had a Chrysler part number on the rubber gasket.

You are probably talking about the one between the trunk floor and the filler neck.

1971 Barracuda has the filler behind the license plate. The seal / gasket that goes between the tail panel and the fill neck is foam, same as the one between the fill neck and quarter on a 67-69 Barracuda.

Seal between body and filler neck:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/66-76-Mopar...-Dart-Gas-Tank-Filler-Neck-Seal-/380829116939

Seal between trunk floor and filler neck:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-70-71-72-73-74-Baracuda-Cuda-Challenger-Filler-Neck-Seal-/310848286955

Grommet between filler neck and tank:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-1974-C...to-filler-neck-grommet-seal-182-/330918012614

Also, nobody has mentioned that when you fasten to to the body it is secured on the back side by the filler tube. unless that was presumed.

-
Back