Question About Layson's Restorations

-

mey6t6

Reaction score
Is Layson's Restorations still in buisness? I went to the same link I used a couple years ago when buying parts for my 1966 Barracuda only this time I got this -
laysons.jpg

instead of Layson's website for car parts. Isn't the website http://www.laysons.com/
??????????

They are still in business. I get a message that says the site has been hacked.;

The guy with the 1695 conv. valiant I met yesterday at a show is going to be disappointed. He mentioned that he was having a hard time finding lenses so I told him about checking out Layson's Restorations and gave him the website. Speaking of which, that little valiant won Best Mopar at the show and you wouldn't believe the other mopars she beat! I'm going to start a new post about that as soon as I get the pictures off the camera.

According to the Mopar Collectors Guide, Laysons is in a heap big trouble.
They were raided by FBI or some such government agency. They were taken down at Carlise PA and also their warehouse. It was all over counterfeit parts and trademark infringements.
Not sure what the status is right now, but that's what I last saw.

That was almost a year ago. When I asked Rick at MATS, he said it was about all over and that most of the charges had been dropped.
I just tried going to the site, and it says that there's some kind of Mal Ware on the page that can harm your computer.

The phone number is (877) 930-4088.

send a PM to Rick@Laysons and he can help you out. He is a supporting Vendor here.

It's no secret that I am not a big fan of Laysons due to several absolutely botched transactions on their part. Even though they have brought in one or two people to be the new "kinder, gentler" face of the business, I will never ever do business with them again until Dave Layson is no longer involved with it.

If you do a search on any Mopar site you will see Laysons has a bad rep. Last year they got raided at Carlise for trademark violations which I believe were dropped.

If you do a search for Laysons here you will find that Rick has gone out of his way to help our members get there needed parts on both new and old transaction.

i still wouldn't buy anything from them unless they were the only one that carried said part and i was at a show with said part sitting in my hand. don't trust that place and never will.

Rick has been doin' a bang up job here at FABO. A real credit to the company. The Carlisle stuff was bogus. Plain and simple. Ma Mopar tryin' to control everything "or else".

With the current shape of Chrysler, I'd say Layson deserves some support. Customer service has gotten better from the reports I've seen. I for one would like to see any and all Mopar repro companies stay alive if they offer decent parts at reasonable prices....and believe me, some of the prices I see from some of these guys are not what I'd call "reasonable"....Layson has had some great deals, when they had the stock.

don`t know what`s up with that place. few years back, i bought tail lens for my valiant. got peeled on them, but hey, you need em, you need em. now i`m hearing from several project boys all kinds of complaints. it`s a shame. you violate someones trust and it`ll bite you on the ***.

I've had nothing but great results dealing with Rick. I have not had a single problem and the parts have been top notch. I'll deal with him again as soon as I get some money coming in.

I still dont get why a Washington company was charging sales tax at a California car show/swap meet ?

Only vendor at the show charging sales tax.

Seems Shaaaddddyyy . And the beat goes on.

About our website.....there is an issue with malicious software getting hacked onto the site. Our old website is coming down and a new one will be up in a week or two as the internet tech guys are working on it as we speak. Our new website will hopefully be much improved and more user friendly along with more pics of the parts.

We are still in business, and our phones are going. We can be reached toll free at 877-930-4088, or if you wish, I can be contacted via email at rick@laysons.com.

If you contact me with a parts inquiry, I will tell you straight up whether or not I have a part in stock, what the part will cost, what a shipping quote will be, and I'll even snap pics if need be. And if I don't have a part, or can't find a part you need, I'll tell you that too.

Rick has helped me in the past not only with parts, but also tech advice.
GOOD dude.

George

I still dont get why a Washington company was charging sales tax at a California car show/swap meet ?

Only vendor at the show charging sales tax.

Seems Shaaaddddyyy . And the beat goes on.

Because the rest of the vendors weren't doing what the Board of Equalization required them to do. All the other vendors were in violation of state tax law. It's all about WHERE the sale takes place/physical presence.

Now if they collected the sales tax and didn't forward it to the state agency... Seen that happen more than once.

There was an uproar at MATS a year or two ago with the NV tax agency there wanting/requiring vendors to register and pay taxes on sales.

Not backing laysons in any way.

i refuse to deal with a company who only has 1 qualified employee and the rest of the employees are useless.

Any one of us can have a bad experience with any company... if it happens repeatedly to many people, the company usually eventually dies. If the company tries hard to make a bad deal or a mistake right... then they deserve some lattitude IMO.

I don't know if there are more than one "good" employee at laysons as Rick is the internet sales guy, but as long as I get to deal with the "good" one and get the help and parts I need at a price I can afford I am happy to do so.

Rick has also done great by me and frequently offers extra deals to FABO members. He put together a complete tail light and trunk panel bezel package for my 68 cuda fastback out of the seconds they had (which look amazingly good on a nice driver btw ;-) ) and I got it for a big discount off the normal price for the seconds!! The transaction was flawless and the parts well packed and timely delivered. This is not meant to sway anyone but shows that not everyone has a bad experience with them.

Your mileage may vary...

Any one of us can have a bad experience with any company... if it happens repeatedly to many people, the company usually eventually dies. If the company tries hard to make a bad deal or a mistake right... then they deserve some lattitude IMO.
This is EXACTLY what needs to be said. Too many people purposely break their cars, and get all bent out of shape because parts aren't there instantly, and installing themselves.
I've never dealt with them, but I have no problem doing business with them in good faith, if they are attempting to address previous problems.

I think that If I ever need anything, and they have it, I'll see about getting from them. After all, they are about 20 minutes up the freeway from me.

the owner of said company told me if i can make a new repro part fit in less than 2 hours its a good part.

I've bought small items: weatherstrips, cat whiskers for the doors,... personally I've not had a bad experience, received my parts in a timely matter and would use them again.

Everything I have bought from them has been nice! Price, ehh, but I paid it which means it must not have too high. I buy from them at shows and order over the phone.
I say if you don't want to buy from them, DON'T.
If you think it's too pricey, BUY USED!
Otherwise try making it yourself.

'nuff said!

-
Back