Question about seats

-

mathemagician

Reaction score
I recently acquired these seats for a very very reasonable price, and was curious to know what year they came out of. I was told they are for the A-bodies, but that's all I know. It's the front and rear seats, but I wasn't able to get a pic of the rear seats yet (they're typical rear seats, but look identical to the fronts). Here are pics of the seats:

080710004.jpg

080710005.jpg

080710006.jpg

definitley look like mid 70's duster/dart sport. Not 100% sure but thats what they look like.

71 duster???

I didn't think so because of the slant that the headrests have.

Looks like 73-74 A body.

Ok, cool. Thanks guys.

I also want to mention that I found some wires that are attached to the passenger side that are sandwiched between the springs and the bottom cushions. It has a plug on the other end. I'll post up pics in just a little bit, of the curve of the headrests and this wire.

That style headrest came out in 71. I think a 71 seat would have had metal medallions of some sort in the cover and those don't. My 72 Scamp had a bench seat with curved backrest like a bucket seat. This one is square. The wires are probably for the seatbelt buzzer/light that 73 cars had. I will have to go with 73 Dodge/Plymouth. They are definitely A-body seats though.

Do you know if they are 2 door or 4 door seats ? Front and rear are different.

same exact seat as my 74 duster. its way more comfy than my 69 dart seat, well except for where some previous owner busted the springs.

Do you know if they are 2 door or 4 door seats ? Front and rear are different.
How can you tell? Mine appear to be just like the ones that 71ChallengerSE posted

looks exactly like the seat in my 75 Dart (which is untouched original)
Cool, thanks for the pic for reference. I like the blue too!

Went out and looked at mine..identical..'75 duster..

same exact seat as my 74 duster. its way more comfy than my 69 dart seat, well except for where some previous owner busted the springs.
Yeah, when I sat on them, they were real comfy.

081110001s.jpg

081110003s.jpg

081110004s.jpg

081110006s.jpg

For the front seat. If the seat back is hinged to fold forward it is for a 2 door car ( simple enough ). For the rear seat, that seat bottom will be shaped different. It's outer corners are cut away to expose more floor at the door way.
The wires under the seat apear to be the 74 only seatbelt interlock switch and harness.
A weight in the seat ativaites the switch which prevents engine start until seatbelts are
buckled.

...which means it could be in an early or mid '75 or when they finally ran out of parts....my MG was like that. My sis and I owned '71 bgts..but you would never know by looking at the engine or interior.

Ian

-
Back