Question about small block push rods

-

barracu67

Reaction score
If I switch to a hydraulic cam And want to use the stock 273 adjustable rocker arms will the push rods work with the hydraulic lifters?

You can use the cup and ball push rods with hydraulic lifters, but you'll have to find out what length you need though. The solid lifter cup and ball push rods will probably be too long.

You will need a deferent length. I bought the CompCams 7821-16 They worked out perfect.

The 7821s were too long for my combo but Smith Bros will make a set fast and fairly economically to any length you want.

The 7821s were too long for my combo but Smith Bros will make a set fast and fairly economically to any length you want.

I agree, I have a set of pushrods made by Smith Bros. The one's for my 340 ended up being 7.0", which is quite a bit shorter than the stockers for an adjustable set up.

Get a pushrod length checker to figure out what length you need. Every engine is a bit different, what worked for someone else may not be right for your engine. Remember that deck height (and any square or zero decking) will change the pushrod length, as well as shaving the heads or even running different thickness head gaskets.

-
Back