Question about spindles for an A body

-

dehort

Reaction score
Hello,
I have located a 1978 Chrysler Cordoba that has the 11.75 brakes and spindles still on it. Will these spindles work on my '67 Dart?

I have read that the '73 and up B-body spindles are the same as the taller F/M/J spindles. Is this correct? The '78 Cordoba is a B-body, correct?

I already have a set of upper control arms off of a '73 Dart. So I think once I get these spindles (and the big brake caliper adaptors) then I will have the main components that are required to perform the swap.

I am just hoping someone can confirm this before I buy the spindles.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Yes you can use them, but, they are taller than a-body spindles and may cause over angling on the upper ball joint etc. But people have used them with success.

I suggest you read the mopar action article called disco-tech.

You may not be able to use the 78 calipers though swaybar interference due to the position of the caliper and hose.

The overangling thing is BS. The ball joint would NEVER be in place if it was that close to it's mechanical limit. BTW, the additional angle is 3* IIRC from the taller spindle.

That MA article is full of CYA attorney driven journalism. Read what he writes/says about AlterKations and other non-mopar engineered items and you'll get the gist.

I use nothing BUT FMJ spindles on my A body cars anymore.

What crackedback and others have told you, don't worry at all about using the Cordoba spindles.
But are you aware that if you use the 11 3/4 inch rotors, your gonna be needing 15 inch wheels to clear the calipers.
If you already have 15's, no big deal, but if you don't, something for you to think about.

Funny thing about those "experts" who know it all about the spindle thing. They have never actually experienced or seen a failure.

The knuckles will work okay. Adding the upper arms from Firm Feel will help since they are designed to work with the taller knuckles. The calipers from the B-body probably won't work since the hose routing is wrong. But there are easy ways to fix that. I covered all of this in my B-body book.

www.arengineering.com

-
Back