Question about the Mopar automobiles for sale section

-

Al Bundy

four touchdowns!
Reaction score
I was just browsing the for "Mopar automobiles for sale" section and was wondering why nobody posts the location of the car for sale in the title. It would sure be a big help for those looking for a local car they can see in person and drive home.

Let's take it a step further (or farther -which word?)..... some peeps selling parts will genetically title their ad something like this: "A body parts for sale" or "Interior parts for sale" ......... can you at least narrow it down to what years, model, or here is a novel idea - what part is it? Sure a lot of our parts are interchangeable, but a lot of our parts are not. Tell us something in the title to give us a clue as to what is in the ad. Just sayin..........

Even if their location is their avatar that information isn't visible until you click on each post to check. That's an awful lot of clicking and checking,hoping to find someone local. It would make more sense to just post that information outright in the title.

it would help to have the state in the title so you can scan and pick out the ones close to you.

example:

FOR SALE: 1967 Barracuda [TX]

FOR SALE: 1971 Dodge dart [WY]

We try to alert people listing items to categorize like items into the proper catagories, limit the number of items in one ad to highlight the items for sale, and include the date and location in their listing per the classified rules! The multiple items in one ad is the biggest problem in my eyes, when I'm searching the classifieds, whether it's here or the Collectors guide or wherever, if it's a page long ad, I just don't read it!!

As for cars in the Mopar Autos for sale section, I agree that the location of the car should be stated right in the ad! Their not easily shipped like most parts, and simply put, you lose potential customers by not including the most pertinent information! As a mod, I will do a better job of making sure to alert people when the location is not clearly identified in the ad itself!! Geof

We try to alert people listing items to categorize like items into the proper catagories, limit the number of items in one ad to highlight the items for sale, and include the date and location in their listing per the classified rules! The multiple items in one ad is the biggest problem in my eyes, when I'm searching the classifieds, whether it's here or the Collectors guide or wherever, if it's a page long ad, I just don't read it!!

As for cars in the Mopar Autos for sale section, I agree that the location of the car should be stated right in the ad! Their not easily shipped like most parts, and simply put, you lose potential customers by not including the most pertinent information! As a mod, I will do a better job of making sure to alert people when the location is not clearly identified in the ad itself!! Geof

Thanks Geof,thats very true,I'm trying to find a 1970-72 Duster or another 1967-1971 dart and have looked in the cars for sale forum a few times and just give up because practically none of the titles have a location listed and the only way to find out is to systematically click on each link and see where the car is. After a while I just give up and check the local venues like craigslist again.

That's very true,I'm trying to find a 1970-72 Duster or another 1967-1971 dart and have looked in the cars for sale forum a few times and just give up because practically none of the titles have a location listed and the only way to find out is to systematically click on each link and see where the car is. After a while I just give up and check the local venues like craigslist again.

I hope that everybody selling a car or parts here reads this!!!^^^^^^ This is your customer talking, and if you are not giving a complete description, accurate information, a location and a selling price right at the top of your ad, you are literally turning away what could be your best customer!!!!

I think the OP's point is being completely missed here.

He is saying it would be helpful if a seller would put the location IN THE TITLE, so a person doesn't have to literally click on and open every ad. Just the ones in a certain location.

Perhaps some folks will see this and start doing it.

The worst is when these dicks advertise their car on the entire craigslist of America. They clog up your local craigslist. Totally defeats the purpose of craigslist.

The worst is when these dicks advertise their car on the entire craigslist of America. They clog up your local craigslist. Totally defeats the purpose of craigslist.

Yep,I hate that too. There are a couple darts right now on my local craiglist that are back east. I live in California. There are also the dreamers who a local and have rusty rolling shells and want $4,000,but that's another story.

Put CA or TX in the title...

You can be a 12+ hour drive one way in either of those states.

You are depending on the person writing the ad to make it happen...

Some aren't thinking about that stuff when selling the car....

Some people are more intelligent than others....

-
Back