Question on ABS headliner

-

MR.7DUSTER3

His money, My time
Reaction score
This goes out to everybody who has installed a ABS headliner before, Does the front of the head liner get tucked into the windsheild gasket or does the sunvisors and mirror hold it in the front ? Also does it get tucked in the back as well ?

Bob / Bryce

Ok ,so I just got off the phone with Dante's whom is where we got the headliner from and you do have to tuck it under the seal in front and back,so now my question is does any body have any helpful tips on how the heck this is done . We worked on this thing for about 3 hours last night !!!

Any body ???

Bob / Bryce

There is a video on the net ( replacing your headliner Dodge Dart ). I don't know if Duster is the same but on my Dart I have fabric teeth inside the rubber seal. I used a couple wood paint sturing sticks to push it into the teeth. I wouldn't proceed untill you find a tutorial on Your particular application it really helps and you can do it by yourself but two people are better to help hold and stretch material. I think Waggins on here has a how to, check Him out.

This goes out to everybody who has installed a ABS headliner before, Does the front of the head liner get tucked into the windsheild gasket or does the sunvisors and mirror hold it in the front ? Also does it get tucked in the back as well ?

Bob / Bryce

I installed the ABS headliner in my Demon. On mine I used the mirror and sunvisors to attach at front (it is not tucked into the gasket at the front). The dome light holds up the center of the headliner and in the rear I tucked it into the rear window seal and used a push in clip at the center just above the rear window (just like the old cardboard headliners used). The hole for the push in clip is just under the rear window seal. The rear sail panels that I bought with the ABS liner help to hold up the rear of the headliner. Also, I installed the headliner by myself, it's possible to do but would be easier with two people.

I didn't see your post earlier or I could have answered your first question.
When I installed mine, the car was on the rotisserie - I just spun it upside down and had gravity help:D
C

-
Back