Question on Brakes 67 Barracuda

-

boosted

Life Needs Air
Reaction score
I just picked up a 67 BCuda factory disk brake car. I would like to change it over to a 5 4 1/2 pattern. Is there a simple swap like a rotor change to accomplish this?

Simple or short answer.. nope.
The 4 piston caliper disc brake system available in 67 model was from Kelsey-Hayes.
Same mfgr made the brakes on Fords early Mustangs which was a 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. Differences in spindles and bearings from on one to the other make the switch difficult but not impossible.
In my opinion... since your 67 Chry' product has other issues including idler arm design, the 73 up Chry' disc brake front suspension is the smarter route. This K member, sway bar, single piston floating caliper, nearly everything, bolts right in. The one snag that some run into is at the pitman arm to steering gear. To change the steering gear solves that end but can run into a difference in the box coupling at its column input end. So in a nut shell, from box coupling to lug nuts or custom machined K-H hubs and spindles.
Just be warned that the "nut shell" tends to swell in every case. We buy a later model assembly then start upgrading during renew. Larger torsion bars, larger sway bar, 30+USD per pair for offset upper arm bushings, etc.., etc...

make sure you post your Kelsey hayes set up for sale. always in demand. Good luck.

-
Back