Question on cyl. Head

-
Sounds like a heat crossover. A lot of aftermarket intakes dont have it and seeing as how you live in Florida I wouldnt bother. I filled the holes on my heads with high temp black silicone to plug them up cause my Performer didnt use them either.

The half arc or half moon shape is just above the heat crossover.

It is a heat relief, leave it alone. It does not need to be covered up. Some gaskets will leave it exposed. No worries.

The center of the thing is a sqaurish port that usually clogs with carbon. Around that is a rounded area for air to help cool that area so the heads dont crack. Least I think that's what its for. It's a connection the intake makes between two exh ports on the heads for the carb.

it sends exhaust through the manifold and under the carb plenum to heat the intake/charge in really cold weather, to aid in cold weather drivability.

Not necessary unless you live in the snow/20* or less, just warm up the engine for 5-10 minutes before driving.

you will notice some power increase when blocking it, very noticeable torque increase.

we would leave the rock hard carbon in the cross over if found, pre blocked already lol

that stuff is hard to get out and would not hurt anything.

-
Back