question on intake manifolds

-

pjc360

Reaction score
I am currently running a dual plane edelbrock rpm air gap intake manifold and a edelbrock 600cfm manual choke carb on my crate 360 magnum. I have been thinkin about buying the dual plane weiand stealth intake manifold. I have been told the stealth intake provides the best low end torque to the small lock mopars, and i need all the torque i can get because my crate 360 magnum is in a 1991 four wheel drive dodge truck. Any opinions as to wich intake is better? the rpm air gap or the stealth as far as providing good low end torque? I can pick up a weiand stealth dual plane for 180 bucks, i was thinking i would give it a try but not 100 percent yet, thought i'd ask you guys about it first.

I think a dyno is the only way somebody would/could know for sure.

I can't remember who it was i was talking to about this, but they had told me the weiand stealth was a good intake manifold for low end power, he was running a 408 stroker in a cuda i believe and he said he had more pull running the stealth over the air gap but the air gap let his engine rev a few hundred rpms higher and had stronger pull up high over the stealth.

This I can believe since each intake will act a little differently.

Locomotion use's a Weiand on his car. You should look him up and check out his car.
He will tell you this about the intake or any part he use's;

"In my particular combo, this is what works for me."

Isn't weiand an off brand of holley? does holley make some good intake manifolds? what is a good holley intake manifold for torque?

I agree with rumblefish. I think the only way to tell the difference would be on a dyno......or a drag strip of course. That said, if it was mine, I would stay air gap regardless because of the benefits of the cooler air charge.

-
Back