question on kick down linkage........

-

DRENO

Reaction score
My 67 has a 340 not sure what year and a 727 trans. On the kick down linkage is there just 1 adjustment on the horizontal linkage that goes to the carburetor (part #12 in my manual) or is there another 1 on the linkage that goes to the trans pivot arm? I have 1 on the vertical rod that goes to the lower bellcrank, but I was told that there should be one on the rod that goes to the trans. Any help is appreciated,thx.

Hey Dave on Dads 67 cuda 273/904 I believe there are 2 adjustments...1 horizontal, and 1 right after the bellcrank....gonna chk my manual as well

Just chkd 67 parts manual under "fuel" section, page 14-9. Looks like only 2 that have adjustments. ref # 14-11-9 for both of them. HOpe it helps

I bought some linkage from a member and then was told that there is supposed to be an adjustable rod going to the trans arm. My manual doesn't show that,just one for the vertical rod and 1 for the linkage from the carb back to the bellcrank .Right now I don't have any kickdown linkage. I was told this is not too good and also not to be hammering on it or I may burn out the clutches.I am just now realizing how it works. Sorry,I can't stick around I have to go to work,thanks for your help Scott.

I bought some linkage from a member and then was told that there is supposed to be an adjustable rod going to the trans arm. My manual doesn't show that,just one for the vertical rod and 1 for the linkage from the carb back to the bellcrank .Right now I don't have any kickdown linkage. I was told this is not too good and also not to be hammering on it or I may burn out the clutches.I am just now realizing how it works.
Ok I get what your saying.Pics of what you have would help.I might have whatever you need in my pile.

On small block 3-piece 727 linkage original set up for the years 67-73 the carb rod and the vertical rod which goes from the carb throttle bracket lever to the trans bell crank are both adjustable. The rod that goes from the trans bell crank to the trans valve body lever is not adjustable on a 67-73 On a 74 and up the carb rod and vertical rod are not adjustable but the trans rod is

-
Back