Question to a code on a 1966 broadcast sheet

-

- Marvin -

Reaction score
On my broadcast sheet of my Valiant (...more in the member photo gallery) I can decipher all codes, except one:

#36 Rallye Pkg/Driver Trng.

What does this mean?

The rallye package is usually 6 leaf rear springs, HD shocks,front sway bar and 6 " wide wheels. Driver trig is a driver training option but I don't know what that includes or why it would be grouped with the rallye package.

Thank You for this information.

In my case - Valiant 200 Station - this could only stand for stiffer suspension (HD - Shocks, leaf springs), but this option is also individually on my broadcast sheet (#638 ) noticed. 'Driver training' sounds for a export car 'silly'.
6'' wheels I believe,were not really available.

Thank You for this information.

In my case - Valiant 200 Station - this could only stand for stiffer suspension (HD - Shocks, leaf springs), but this option is also individually on my broadcast sheet (#638) noticed. 'Driver training' sounds for a export car 'silly'.
6'' wheels I believe,were not really available.

I wonder if there was something in the driver training option that the owner wanted that couldn't be ordered separately. I'm just guessing. The standard wheels were 4 1/2" and the optional wheels were 5 1/2". It's common for us to call them 5 & 6" wheels. I have a option code book if I can find it this afternoon. I'll see if I can get more info for you. tmm

A scan of my buildsheet (...the second column from above on the right side #36):

Attachments

• buildsheet valiant.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 121
I wonder if there was something in the driver training option that the owner wanted that couldn't be ordered separately. I'm just guessing. The standard wheels were 4 1/2" and the optional wheels were 5 1/2". It's common for us to call them 5 & 6" wheels. I have a option code book if I can find it this afternoon. I'll see if I can get more info for you. tmm

Like it could be a disclaimer, ie: "you ordered this option but refused the package it was included with so you have been advised...sign here please.." :burnout:

A scan of my buildsheet (...the second column from above on the right side #36):

Hey Marvin, What is the number in the #36 box? If it's a 2 it's a light package. Need to know to be sure. The box number added with the option number in the box is how the code book is laid out. tmm

That clears that up Marvin. 368 is "Suspension Package Valiant/Barracuda
Includes: HD rear springs, HD Torsion bars, Sway bar" I did notice there is a #369 option
which is a Driver Training Decal, Blue on Plymouth, and Red on Dodge. Nothing but the decal is listed for Driver Training option. Hope this helps. It has been fun talking with you.
Toolmanmike

Thanks a lot...that makes sense.

Alas..no chance for getting a 'Driver training' by MaMopar anymore, this woukd have been funny :)
Never heard of this as an option included on a buildsheet before...

Greetings from Vienna!

-
Back