Question???

-

agarcia5

Reaction score
Good evening everyone. I want to say hello to everyone first of all. It's been a while since i posted. About two days ago when I started my '69 fastback cuda there was an electrical short in the fire wall where all the wires are attached in a housing. Sorry not an expert still learning but i think its close to the voltage regulator, correct me if I'm wrong again I'm still learning everyday. Do you know where I can get new wiring so I can change all the wiring setup or how should I approach this. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks, Arturo

Good evening everyone. I want to say hello to everyone first of all. It's been a while since i posted. About two days ago when I started my '69 fastback cuda there was an electrical short in the fire wall where all the wires are attached in a housing. Sorry not an expert still learning but i think its close to the voltage regulator, correct me if I'm wrong again I'm still learning everyday. Do you know where I can get new wiring so I can change all the wiring setup or how should I approach this. I appreciate all of your help.

Thanks, Arturo

Could be the bulkhead connector? Any chance of posting pictures? The bulkhead connector has all the engine and battery wires going thru the connector coming out on the inside of the car. The voltage regulator should onlt have like two or three wires going to it.

Arturo..... it was likely at the din plug bulk connector look for charring to determine the actual spot....then you can just replace the wires that shorted/burned ...a lil time consuming but inexpensive and functional ...just be sure to use the same color wire....

yes it should be the bulk connector cause thats where all the wires are connected. So i can use any wire as long as its the same color as the one that got fried. Do you all know where I can get wiring set ups for a '69. Also any advise on how to "organize" the wires inside the engine bay.

well hold on...... you can use ANY wire as long as it is the same gauge AND the same color as the wire being replaced

You do not want to replace a 14 gauge wire with an 18 gauge wire under stress it will likely burn..... most auto parts stores carry different gauges of stranded wire....as does Home depot

for a replacement harness, unless you plan on spending large money you will likely only find USED sets
OR if you plan to replace EVERYTHING you can go painless or kwik wire..... but I am telling THAT is a JOB

Thank you I appreciate your help.

well hold on...... you can use ANY wire as long as it is the same gauge AND the same color as the wire being replaced

You do not want to replace a 14 gauge wire with an 18 gauge wire under stress it will likely burn..... most auto parts stores carry different gauges of stranded wire....as does Home depot

for a replacement harness, unless you plan on spending large money you will likely only find USED sets
OR if you plan to replace EVERYTHING you can go painless or kwik wire..... but I am telling THAT is a JOB

There is a large, 8 or 10 ga wire that runs thru the bulk head connector that is usually the culprit. Locate it and splice into the good part of the wire with a butt connector on engine side and a spade connector, then do the same under the dash to the other end of this wire
and then plug them together. I would advise soldering the connectors to the wire.

-
Back