Question?

-

coalman

Reaction score
For you all that have a shop manual for a 1966 Dart. What is the connector for that looks like the D6, L6, and D5 page 265 behind the LH headlight behind the distributor and bulkhead? It is not in my shop manual, I gather it was to the distributor at one time, I have only found one end. Thanks

Post a photo of what you are talking about.

As best I can tell based on what you posted the D6, L6, D5 in the wiring diagram is left and right turn signals
L6 goes to headlight switch, D5, D6 go to turn signals.

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

Screenshot_2019-08-17-23-42-22.png

Last edited:
The only vehicles that would have ORIGINALLY had such a distributor connector was whenever the electronic ignition started to appear in 71?? Do you have a modified/ repop harness?

What is the connector for that looks like the D6, L6, and D5 page 265 behind the LH headlight behind the distributor and bulkhead?

This makes no sense. How can it be behind the headlight? and near the distributor/ bulkhead?

The only vehicles that would have ORIGINALLY had such a distributor connector was whenever the electronic ignition started to appear in 71?? Do you have a modified/ repop harness?

Not that I am aware of. I guess that is why the plug doesn't show up in the shop manual. There were a lot of modifications when I got the car, I have no idea what went on before me. Thanks

Got it figured out, it is from my street fire 5520 ignition. They ran it to the distributor and figured out it wasn't needed and just left it hanging out of the electrical tape and wire loom. Thanks to all for replies...

Final deal, found out that 67Dart273 was correct, they must of had a 71 & later ignition in the car at one time. They just left the whole P3690152 harness in the car, doing nothing....

I think you can buy a repop harness that has the electronic wiring, but great!! you got er figured

We will see, the car is like a never ending story. Thanks

Is a ground wire necessary from starter motor to the battery terminal? In addition is one to the "K" frame from the engine? I have two from engine to firewall/bulkhead and the battery to engine block. Thanks

The "main ground" (big current) is direct from the battery to the engine block. The starter grounds to the block. The alternator output is grounded to the block.

From there you need a good ground from engine to body. What I like is (v8) on your driver side head, are unused holes in the rear of the head. Buy a 1 foot or so starter cable (eye to eye) and bolt to the head, and to one of the master cylinder studs, or to a good through bolt through the firewall. This insures grounding for lights, the voltage regulator, and the electronic ignition if used.

The K member may not be a good choice. It is held to the frame with 4 bolts which might be rusty Remember, these cars are unique because most of the body/ structure is a one piece welded assembly.

I was reading an article on how to ground an automotive electrical system it said to run one ground from battery to starter, I thought that was strange, I have two braided copper wires from the firewall to the LH & RH cylinder heads and the battery is grounded to the front of the engine. Thanks as always..

-
Back