Quick question concerning pedal

-

Tylan

Reaction score
In good working condition and NOT attached to the push rod, how freely should the pedal be able to swing? With the push rod not attached on my 74 duster the pedal isnt seized, but I have to put <~5 pounds pressure on the pedal to move it either direction.

bearing is AFU, rusty, etc. You should be able to swing them "with you rlittle finger"

bearing is AFU, rusty, etc. You should be able to swing them "with you rlittle finger"
Is there an easy way to replace that bearing? I can see a couple bolts that look like they're holding the hinge in place, though I've heard removing the pedal is a big ordeal.

If spraying it with some wd40 would fix it (at least temporarily) that would be good too.

Depends on what you call "ordeal." I've removed them with the support frame in the car. I've forgotten, C clip? on one end of shaft and it just pulls out. If it's somewhat bound up it may require some "juice" to get it out. they are not bearings, but bushings. Likely just full of rust/ crud, needs cleaned and lubed.

Do you guys have suggestions on how exactly to pull out the pin? All I've tried so far is clamping channel locks to it and pulled, didn't work. I doused the hinge with pb blaster around 40 minutes ago, so that should help.

Update: ended up just removing the whole bracket for easier access. Wasn't too hard of a removal, just a few bolts and maneuvers around the steering column. Not sure who doable it is with a clutch pedal in the way... The hinge was very full of crud, this was after drowning it in PB blaster and leaving it for a day.
20201211_170337.jpg
20201211_170353.jpg
20201211_170413.jpg
Used a 9/16 socket and long extension as a hammer rod and hammered the pin out. Anyone know how available new bushings are? Thanks.

Not sure.
But I do know Brewers Transmission rebuilds the entire pedal assemblies.
Contact Brewers:
(937) 947-4416, ask for Dan, he should know where to find the bushing, hes a great guy, easy to talk to, and always willing to help out us Mopar guys.
Joe

-
Back