Quick question

-
your ballast resistor definitely gets hot that's why its in a big ceramic block its taking 13 volts down to half that ..

Ok but is there any way to tell if its getting to hot? I mean you cant touch it for more than a second

Is this while it's running? Or just with the key on? It should be a lot cooler with the engine running.

You can't touch them. Did you get battery voltage back down where it belongs? Hope to 'ell you are not RUNNING it at 16--18V !!!

If you have a high output aftermarket coil, they will run even hotter.

You can't touch them. Did you get battery voltage back down where it belongs? Hope to 'ell you are not RUNNING it at 16--18V !!!

If you have a high output aftermarket coil, they will run even hotter.

Hey 67 no lol installed the mopar performance ( not the blue one) regulator tonight and shes back to in spec no more 18+ volts lmao its got a mopar performance coil on it but i dont think its high output.

the ballast resistor is a restrictor ( log jam say )of electricity whatever your alternator is putting out goes to it and then it reduces it down to almost half going out will melt fingerprint if you touch it..they are hot n I mean HOT when running

-
Back