Quick yet powerful

-

Viceroy125

Reaction score
I just acquired a 1973 Plymouth Duster with a 318 in it. I'm also new to mopars in general. I was wondering what would be the quickest, simplest and yet cheapest way to add more hp if possible?

Thats kinda what i figured but i just wasnt sure. Ive read in a couple spots about once you change the heads you than have to change the pistons too. And i wasnt sure if the was actually true or not?

I forgot to say welcome to the site. Where you at in Montana? My girl friend is from Boulder.

No you don't always have to change the pistons when doing a head swap. Just depends on the build.

I forgot to say welcome to the site. Where you at in Montana? My girl friend is from Boulder.

No you don't always have to change the pistons when doing a head swap. Just depends on the build.

everyones girlfriend is in boulder.

I'm up in Lewistown. And let's say I throw on 340 heads I wouldn't have to change the pistons would I?

So what sort of heads would you recommend? I've thought about RHS heads? Or do you know how another one that would be better?

Put headers adn duals on it. Then proceed with the bolt ons from there. For a 318, I'd rather run EQ Magnums which are abotu 1/2 the cost of RHS heads and will produce similar power on a 318. You just have to convert to Magnum rocker setup which is also pretty cheap.

-
Back