Quickest member here with 727 ?

-

Duster346

Chris Andrews
Reaction score
Just putting my feelers out there, to see what kind of times you all are running, and how much HP you are making with your Torqueflite.

If you're using a 727, are you having any failures? If so, what part(s) are failing? If you are using a glide, why did you choose it over a 727? Not trying to get into a peeing match, just looking for some real world info, to benefit my business! :bounce:

I know member sb412duster makes some HP, and is into the 8's. Is it a 727?

TIA for any input! :thumrigh:

Chris

NEWbara007_copy.jpg

PS: ^slowest 727 here I'd bet!^ :cheers:

HawaiiDuster - nothing wrong with 904's! I like `em too.

mikesduster said:
im a slow one going 12.07@108 (street trim)

Hi Mike - I think your dad bought a 68 Valiant from my dad ? :scratch: That is a neat looking Duster you have there, I have a 71 340 myself!

Hmm, I guess the rest of the board members are using glides, TH and C6 trannys .. hehe. :puker:

Chris

hey chris,
yeah, my dad bought the 68 valiant and it should be ALL done this spring!!!
you guys have any right fenders and a trunk??

Hmm, I guess the rest of the board members are using glides, TH and C6 trannys .. hehe. :puker:

Well I know there are quite a few 4-speed guys on here too. I'm going to use the 904 that came in my Dart. I have not really looked into what it would take to make it last behind a warmed over 360, but I know there are lots of folks that say they can be built to handle it. I guess I'll find out some day.

[quote="

It's a glide. I kinda wish it was a 904, That is if I could get to live, I think it would be faster. I had to put a 1.96 low gear in it and have 5.13 for the 1/8th and 4.86 for 1/4. I think that with a 904 I could have used a 4.10 or 4.30 and not had to change it for 1/8 or 1/4. The engine makes 836 HP and 615 Ft lb of torque. I was worried that the torqueflite would brake and the glide is a few lbs lighter so I went with it.

Duster346 said:
Just putting my feelers out there, to see what kind of times you all are running, and how much HP you are making with your Torqueflite.

If you're using a 727, are you having any failures? If so, what part(s) are failing? If you are using a glide, why did you choose it over a 727? Not trying to get into a peeing match, just looking for some real world info, to benefit my business! :bounce:

TIA for any input! :thumrigh:

Chris
My friend had a band strut bend on his 440 powered truck. So when we did my 727 we reinforced it. Napa rebuild kit, B&M ManualPak, reinforced strut band, 5.0 lever arm, deep pan and 4600 convertor. Almost 300 passes, unknown number of street miles, it has been in for four years. My only problems have been leaks.

SB412Duster - I love the picture of your duster flying off the starting line at hub city! I had that picture saved as my desktop wallpaper for many months! Hey, we CAN make a 3 speed live in your car, let me know when you are ready! We can go up to 2.77 first or as numerically low as 2.28 first. Rumor has it "someone" is making a gear set with a 2.08 (or so) first gear! And, yes it should be quicker with a 3 speed IMO. :salut:

BBLM - Nice dart! What track is your sig pic from? Thank you for the info! :thumrigh:

Chris

once the car is done, i'll be pretty damn slow at 12.8s or thereabout. but one day i'll be out of college and not be poor anymore, and i will be able to make it run alot better than that.

I run a Cope Racing Trans 727. The best this year was a 10.167et. I should be around 9.6 - 9.7et next year. I don't think my signature picture is working, Photohost has been down for about 2 weeks.

Hi DARTSPORT,

Your sig pic is working on this end, looks nice!

Glad you got a quality trans from CRT. John offers a very reliable transmission with great customer service (which is hard to find these days!). :salut:

Chris

Hey Chris you gonna do any 904's? I've been thinking about getting a new trans with the low band apply for awhile now, but the shipping to Hawaii has always been the limiting factor. Since I'll be moving to Vegas and hope to have all my cars here by summer, I might be able to do it. I've been looking at looking at Johns ProStreet for one car and the ProRace for the other. If you're gonna offer something comparable I might be will to check it out after summer. Hopefully I'll be having a little more money to play with by then.

Hello Hawaii!

No problem on the 904's, and yes my prices will be competitive with CRT.

One thing I am playing catch-up on, is cores. So my pre-built line of transmissions is a little behind. I am going out of state to pick up about 30 or so cores in a few weeks.

I might actually have a booth at the Mopars at the strip event! :salut: :bounce:

Chris

If you need help with anything for the Mopars at the Strip, let me know. I'm moving there next Thursday. I'm also helping the Mopar club in Hawaii set up a club trip to the Mopars at the Strip, and a couple of them will be in the market for a tranny real soon. They've been leaning towards the TCI but I've been trying to steer them to someone who specializes in Mopars, interested in some Hawaii business :D

Im running a 727 havent had any problems but havent been to the strip and dont make much power yet.

If I stay with a small block Id like to switch to a 904 with a low 1st gear set.

We ran a 727 in the race car behind a small block into the upper 10 second sone. We have since switched to a 904.

i have a 904 you can have if you want it. you arrange shipping or pickup. near roseburg oregon

i have a 904 you can have if you want it. you arrange shipping or pickup. near roseburg oregon

Thank you, I'll let you know on that, sweaty!

Thanks for the replies guys. As for myself, I plan to showcase my product, and the 727 transmission in general by using it behind 1100 horsepower. :D :drunken:

Hawaii .. good luck with your move to Vegas, I am looking forward to meeting you! You buyin? hehe ..

Adam .. good thinking on the low gear set. :thumrigh:

Chris

I have a 727 built by Rick Allison at A&A Transmission. It has everything except for hardened input and output shafts. I run 9.92 on pump gas and have never had a problem.

Hemi Tom - Welcome to the board! Thanks for joining up!

For you folks that haven't seen Tom's 69 b'cuda, check it out! That is one nice looking HEMI! Oh, it runs darn good too ... :mrgreen:

Chris

-
Back