Quote in Mopar Action to live by!

-

Oldschoolcuda

Early-A Body Nerd
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
For all of us fellow oldschooler's who actually owned & drove our beloved classic mopars when they where just cars and still do, here is an awesome quote form king of the second bridge retro road test article in current edition of Mopar Action.
" Back then no one gave a crap about collectability, how many were made, matching numbers or whether all screw slots were lined up correctly during restoration. All we cared about was elapsed times, getting rubber in second gear, doing burnouts at the Bow-Wow and running the balls off these cars. After all that's what they were made for."

Awesome

Oldschoolcuda

So true but the real test was barken all 4 gears lol

In some sense that's still what I care about. As I'm obviously approaching the waning years of my life, the entire reason I bought this Dart is to drive it a little and have a little fun before I get too old.

Yup, back in the day, we ran the balls off our cars.

I did just that today. I took the GTS out and man did that rubber smell good when I hit it in second running about 40 mph. I still love it and I will be 65 next birthday. Why grow up????Joe

In some sense that's still what I care about. As I'm obviously approaching the waning years of my life, the entire reason I bought this Dart is to drive it a little and have a little fun before I get too old.

to old? i plan on street racing my AWB at 90 years old! why not! just ditch the Manual VB for a auto shifted one and hang on!

I don't mind looking at perfection at the car shows but I would never own one.In my mind if you can't drive it it's no better than that sofa your wife doesn't want you to sit on and mess up the pretty pillows.

For all of us fellow oldschooler's who actually owned & drove our beloved classic mopars when they where just cars and still do, here is an awesome quote form king of the second bridge retro road test article in current edition of Mopar Action.
" Back then no one gave a crap about collectability, how many were made, matching numbers or whether all screw slots were lined up correctly during restoration. All we cared about was elapsed times, getting rubber in second gear, doing burnouts at the Bow-Wow and running the balls off these cars. After all that's what they were made for."

Awesome

Oldschoolcuda

Amen to that!

so true i love it! took the valiant out today got her up to a good dubble digit number on a vacant country road,had to make sure the breaks were good and they are great!

(turned out the springs holding the shoes to the backing plate was worn and wobbling the shoe in the drum scraping metal on metal) good thing we caught it early!

Still the case here and all ways will be lots of people say Mopar is expensive but I'll beat any cash to HP any day

Hmmm, that would explain why I couldn't find any balls on my car when I bought it:cheers: It wasl a basket case, but no balls in the basket!
C

For me, floggin em and making me laugh
is all I care about.
I could careless what anybody thinks or says,
most are just spectators and wishers.

When I was 18 (39 years ago) I had a 71 RR with a built 340 and pistol grip, my friends had; 70 chevelle SS L78, 69 buick GS 400, 67 Goat 400 4 speed, 67 Chevelle SS built 396 4 speed and 69 1/2 bee 440 6pk. I worked at a steak house. One night, the wind was calm and we filled the parking lot so much with sweet smelling tire smoke we could not see anything for 5 minutes.

Yep....who cared and those were the days!

Beat e'm, break e'm repeat that's where the fun is for me. Ran the ball's off my cars in the 70's and thats what I do today.

Thay were built to drive! I had a challenger back in the day and I drove the wheels off of it! Never thought of what it would be worth in 30 years just how fast I could get it to go the day I was driving it!!

Thay were built to drive! I had a challenger back in the day and I drove the wheels off of it! Never thought of what it would be worth in 30 years just how fast I could get it to go the day I was driving it!!

Same here :coffee2: X2 dartman :burnout:

Yep. We thoroughly enjoyed them, instead of worrying about them.
Fact is, We built cars to suit our own minds, instead of what some one else thought about them.

I did just that today. I took the GTS out and man did that rubber smell good when I hit it in second running about 40 mph. I still love it and I will be 65 next birthday. Why grow up????Joe
* LOL. We don't have to grow up,just grow old! You got me by a few years,I'll be 47 this weekend.

-
Back