I posted some Questions on my previous post about selling our
64 Dart GT convertable. I would appreciate any input members
could give me on the questions.

Last post 10/25/07 03:12 AM
Thanks for any info. Cals64GT

I'm a big boy so good or bad feedback
will be apreciated. Cals64GT

Cal
I think you will get your price if you are VERY< VERY< patient. Like has been said Its a pretty car. You have brought up 2 key points Top and engine i think to get top dollar you will need be able to demo the top and at least have a date correct engine. Maybe a numbers matching??? I know thats not doable but just my 02. Im a 66Cuda nut and have 3 numbers matching /6 cars.
Hope this helps.
Frank

I'm not sure what the difference is between #s matching & date correct. Wouldn't any 273 from the same year work or does it have to be the year & month to be matching? Like I said before I'm not a purist. Cal

Hi Cal, your car certainly looks nice, but i think 20k is very optomistic on price.
i do wish you luck. some older cars had part of the serial number stamped on the engine, i'm not sure if they did this on darts or not. usually a correct engine with casting dates a couple months before the production date of the car is sufficient. the top would definitely be an issue on a 20k car. why are you buying tops if the upholstery guy is damaging them? if he isn't replacing them becaise you supplied the top, you might be better off letting the shop supply the top, because if they goof it up, they have to replace it for sure, or not get paid.
Doug

i would like to see the early a's at affordable prices to everyone, yet at the same time i would like to see u get as much as possible. your car looks to be in excellent condition for its age and deserves an excellent price. whatever u sell 4 helps bring up the value of all of our cars, as the market dictates the value of a vehicle. i personally am shocked at all the barett jackson prices for cudas and challengers and would hate to have our cars soar beyond my price range. beautiful car! good luck! i would hate to let one like that go.

-
Back