R.I.P. Brian Shul SR-71 Pilot

-
He was a good inspirational speaker. There is a video link in the article above with some good stories. I always loved "LA Speed Check". Walter Watson was the guy in the back seat.

I remember when I was married to my first wife. We were going to Bonaire from Macon, which takes you right through Warner Robins on Ga 247, which runs right in front of Robins AFB, with the Museum of Aviation just down the street. We got to the first main gate at the AFB and were stopped by an MP. Much to my great surprise, an aircraft tug pulled out from the main gate towing a ........you guessed it SR71. ......and we were RIGHT behind it the whole way as they towed it to the Museum of Aviation.....about a mile or so down the road. All me ex could do was sit there and ***** the whole way about being late. I never even told her what it was and she didn't care. Just one more reason she's my ex.

Last edited:
I remember when I was married to my first wife. We were going to Bonaire from Macon, which takes you right through Warner Robins on Ga 247, which runs right in front of RObins AFB, with the Museum of Aviation just down the street. We got to the first main gate at the AFB and were stopped by an MP. Much to my great surprise, an aircraft tug pulled out from the main gate towing a ........you guessed it SR71. ......and we were RIGHT behind it the whole way as they towed it to the Museum of Aviation.....about a mile or so down the road. All me ex could do was sit there and ***** the whole way about being late. I never even told her what it was and she didn't care. Just one more reason she's my ex
Back when I was driving an 18 wheeler all over the country, I had deliveries and pickups in Dayton, OH. I saw the sign pointing to the U. S. Air Force Museum, but I was always in too much of a hurry to stop. One time when a big snow storm was predicted for Sunday, I decided to leave NC on Saturday to get ahead of it and had all day Sunday to spend at the museum. If you ever get a chance, check it out. It's the best air museum I've seen. Huge place. The XB-70 is there along with an SR-71, an X-15, other X-planes, an F-117, Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo capsules and most everything you can think of. You can easily spend all day or even two days there. After that, I stopped in every chance I got. Look it up online to see what they have.

Yes sir. The USAF museum is a must see, if you like aviation...

-
Back