R.I.P. Franco Harris

-
Too young. I remember John Madden saying if I were Franco's coach I'd put a fence up on the sideline at practice to make him turn up field instead of running out of bounds. LOL Guess he ran out of bounds for the last time. RIP

RIP. That sucks . Lifelong Steelers fan here. I watched him play as a kid. I do have a sports action figure of him in my memorabilia case. Christmas gift from the wife years ago. Ill have to take it out this year and check it out...:)

FB_IMG_1671707119042.jpg

My best friend growing up was a diehard Steelers fan, used to watch him when ever we could. RIP

I wish today's "athletes" would act like he did, off the field....... Watched alot of Franco when I was growing up.

Too young. I remember John Madden saying if I were Franco's coach I'd put a fence up on the sideline at practice to make him turn up field instead of running out of bounds. LOL Guess he ran out of bounds for the last time. RIP

One of my coaches hated Harris for running out of bounds all the time. Called him all sorts of unflattering names. Not taking those hits lengthened his career. Risk/reward deal.

Dude was a good back and a workhorse.

Was supposed to be a 50th anniversary celebration this weekend of the catch that killed the Faiders.

-
Back