R3 engineering drawings

-

The Wizard

Reaction score
Greetings:
I'm new to this forum. As a long time performance/racing engine builder, I have recently entered the Mopar realm with great success so far. I am building a customer's SBM drag motor using an R3 type block and W9 heads with high end internals. However, it appears that either the rough bore centers are mis-indexed or the locating dowels are in the wrong position. My local machine shop does not have the CNC program for this block so I am looking for a source for detailed engineering drawings so we can get/establish a true base to work from. Webb searches and calls to Mopar performance have all failed. Can anyone steer me toward a reputable source for these? Thanks in advance. The Wizard

Stanton Racing or Arrington should be able to help you out. If you still have a road block go to the W7-8-9 Facebook page. Brett Miller or many others there can steer you in the right direction with these. I'm in the middle of building R3 W8 as we speak. Same as you I've been building performance/race engines for longer than I care to admit. I moved to Florida and got caught up in the mopar world and been playing there ever since. Brett Miller is a good guy and knows his stuff when it comes to these and also has one of the best W8-W9 cnc programs around. You can reach him on the facebook page I listed or on moparts. I hope this gets you on the right track. CAREFUL!!! there are some hacks around that play with these.

RPAGAN,
Thanks so much for your reply! I have made some headway via a contact with Performance Racing Engines in Bethalto, IL. Gordon was very helpful and they do have a CNC progrm for the R3/W9. I plan to contact the other sources you mentioned, if nothing else than to establish another good Mopar resource. As a former GM guy, I really am enjoying the chance to build Mopar relationships too. Thanks again

From one former gm guy to another...no problem! If I can help in anyway don't hesitate to shoot me a pm.

-
Back