Race engine winter storage question

-
I have on boat engines. A boat engine has water pumping through the block when in use so it gets flushed out. You won't get it all out when your season begins. Do you run antifreeze or just water racing? Peacocks in the block could help get it out better.

Rules require we run water and I do have petcocks in the block. RV junk is cheaper, not that it matters and it would flush out easier I’m guessing.

I'd change the oil, run it up to temp then park it. Then on the first fire of the year make sure you get everything good and warm to take care of any moisture.

I got the new 20w50 Casttol Classic and Foggit. Ran the car drained the oil,.which looked bad. Kinda a chocolate milk looking mess. Didn't feel very oily. New 51515R filter. I let it warm up. Took a moment more than I liked.to.get oil pressure. Swinging pick up with lots of AN hose to an external filter. Anyway plan on fogging it and pulling the plugs and squirting the stuff in there too. I usually rotate the crank a little through the off season. 600# springs for the solid roller.
And I run water with water wetter during the season. 50/50 green stuff in the long winter sleep. Which brings to mind a question.
What type of coolant do people use with an iron block/aluminum everything else? The mopar 5 year red or the new 10 year or......green stuff. Does it matter? I use green stuff in the aluminum radiator. And before this goes to Evans Cool stuff, well I suppose if it does, I asked for it.

IMG_2489.png

-
Back